New member here with Landmark Newport questions

JandK

Hi folks. My husband and I are planning to order a Landmark Newport next September at the Hershey RV Show, and we have a couple questions for those of you who are already enjoying your Newport. We've heard from a few folks that they have problems with the awnings on their 5er when it rains. The awnings collect the rain rather than allowing the rain to run off. We didn't take notice at the Hershey Show whether the awnings on the Newport angled down toward the ground or were straight. Can anyone share a pic or info on the awnings?

Also, I am wondering if someone would be so kind to measure the inside dimensions (Depth, width and height) of the cupboards over the dining table and recliners? This would be very helpful to me as I am looking at containers/baskets for in those cupboards.

Thanks for the info!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have a 2015 Newport. Our awnings are straight across, but when it rains, once the water builds to a certain weight the awning will "dip" at one ends shedding the water. Once the weight of the water is gone, the awning returns to the "level" position. Of course, you can always "lock" one side down but tightening the slide bar on the awning.

Our Newport does not have cabinets over the dining table and chairs. Our cabinets on that side are over the recliners.

JandK

Hi Keith and Carol. Thanks so much for the info on the awnings and rain. I was glad to hear that we would not have issues with those. I would love it if you would give me the inside dimensions of your cupboards over the recliners. I realized that I typed incorrectly in my first post - the 2016 Newport also just has the cupboards over the recliners, not the table and chairs. I looked at so many units at the Hershey Show, I was a bit bleary eyed. Anyway, if you have time and could measure your cupboards, I would be grateful for that info as well.

I'd also love to hear about your general experience with Heartland and the Newport model. I previously did not want the model as it did not have a pantry, but when I saw the 2016 model with pantry and so much general storage, I was sold. I'm excited to order ours next year, and to hit the road fulltiming with my hubby.

Thanks so much for your post! Blessings!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
JandK,

The cabinet is about one foot deep and a little over 5 feet long at the front of the cabinet and about 5'6" at the back (the left end of the cabinet is at an angle.) There are two shelves inside the cabinet and each are about 8 inches high. Hope this helps you in your storage ideas.

We love the Newport. In fact, we've been to a couple of shows since buying ours and there is nothing out there that would get us out of the Newport. It is "just right" for us. I love the office/pantry and with it, we have more storage than we know what to do with. I have open cabinet space that we do not fill because we don't need it. I use the office/pantry as an office with my laptop and printer set up. When we travel, I do not need to pack things away, I just leave it sitting on non-skid material on the desk top and it rides well.

We love the front bathroom configuration of the Newport. So spacious and easy for two people to move around in at the same time.

My experience with Heartland has been GREAT! As with everything, you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. I have found Heartland Customer Service to be responsive and while I don't always agree with their assessment, when I've been respectiveful and reasonable, I've pretty much gotten their approval on all my issues. Dealears on the other hand are a different story. Make sure you check out which dealer you want to purchase from and look at their track record closley (goggle is a wonderful tool). Best thing I can say is that we are on our 3rd Heartland Landmark. We love the Heartland products, but we are also on our 3rd Heartland dealer. Nuff said.

Once you've got a good dealer lined up, jump in. You won't regret it. Of course, make sure you join the Heartland Owners Club and get out to a couple of rallies. Great bunch of people and, you'll find, you become part of a wonderful family you didn't know you had.

JandK

Good morning Keith and Carol. Thanks so much for responding to my questions and for all the info. So glad to hear that you love the Newport. We loved it too when we looked at it in Hershey, and it was the one unit that when we sat in it for awhile, I could picture myself living in it fulltime and really enjoying it. We had a list of "must haves" and "don't wants", and the Newport fit the bill on all items. We are really looking forward to ordering ours next year. Just waiting for the hubby to retire next summer - then we will start on our retirement adventure of seeing all the national parks and flyfishing as many streams as he can find.

Thanks also for the dealer suggestions. We really liked the rep from Wilkins RV in Bath NY who was at the Hershey Show, and since he is close to us in the Philadelphia area, we would like to order from him. However, I will definitely be doing my google research before we order to check out their response to warranty, repairs, etc. The rep told us that when our unit was ready to be picked up, he would have us come to the dealership and after the walk through, etc., we would be asked to stay on their site for a few days to live in the unit and use all of the systems to verify that everything was in working order and as we wanted it before we left. He also suggested that we then stay on for a bit of vacation at one of the rv camps in the area and continue to use the Newport for additional time, before we headed home with it. He said that their company wants everything to be working perfectly before it leaves the lot. We appreciated this info. So I will do some additional googling before next summer.

Thanks again! Hope to meet someday at one of the rallies or shows. Blessings!