New North Trail owner - 2015 26BRSS

Beachguy

This seems like the place to post.
Just purchased 2 weeks ago even though its a 2015, it had been on the dealer's lot a while.
Wife and I assume because with a dinette table and chairs the sleeping ability dropped to what a love seat jack knife sofa would add to the queen bed. Perfect for us two though.

After 6 years in the 90's with a Coleman Popup and three, sometimes four kids, the nest is empty these days. We rediscovered how much we love camping with a rather rough 2008 Dutchmen 26 we bought late last fall of 2015. That did it.....sold to a guy that really wanted it and started looking.

Really impressed with the construction of the NT and hope within a year or so to be able to roam and enjoy some of this country with our two minature poodles....Joe and Beau.

Hope to learn more about the ins and outs of modern trailering today....like the post on the solar made earlier.

danemayer

Hi Beachguy,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

We have a great collection of owner-written user guides that you can get to from the TOOLS tab at top of page. Click on TOOLS and select HUG - Heartland User Guides. Or this link. I'm sure you'll find some of them to be useful in getting updated.

You should have gotten a blue pouch filled with manufacturer manuals along with the Heartland Trailer Manual. It's probably a good idea to review the maintenance schedule with particular attention to caulking and sealants. Dealers rarely do any maintenance on trailers sitting on the lot. Your caulking could need attention.

You'll also want to check out the Heartland Owners Club at this link. Among other benefits, club membership lets you attend local chapter and regional rallies where you'll have a great time and make a bunch of new friends.
Check out the EVENTS tab at top of page for a list of rallies.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
This seems like the place to post.
Just purchased 2 weeks ago even though its a 2015, it had been on the dealer's lot a while.
Really impressed with the construction of the NT and hope within a year or so to be able to roam and enjoy some of this country with our two minature poodles....Joe and Beau.

Hope to learn more about the ins and outs of modern trailering today....like the post on the solar made earlier.

Congratulations on the North trail. I am on my second NT. I agree that the construction overall is really good on the NTs.
I have done a solar install on my NT and finding space to install the charge controller and a box to fit multiple batteries were probably the most difficult tasks overall.

Beachguy

I appreciate the warm welcome. And yes, while doing a lot of work on the Dutchmen I collected many manuals and got very familiar with the vendors that supply travel trailer manufacturers.

I also learned that for all the info in the manuals....they have a knack of rarely covering the problem you're trying to solve and the best information is found from other RV'ers.

That's why the first thing I did was join the Heartland Owners Forum.
And Dane, even though they assured me at Camping World the roof was checked and maintained......i plan on going over the caulking. Thanks for the heads up.

It's there right now addressing some of the things you find when you take a new trailer out for a weekend shakedown. One was something I found here in the forum was the floor around the drain in the bathroom shower flexing. Some owners reported the drain seperated and leaked to the subfloor. I tend to use campground showers but my wife uses the TT shower and she reported that sure enough, the floor was giving way.

So right off the bat HOF has been a help to something that probably would have gone un-noticed.

Cheers guys and look forward to being a part of the community.

Domi

Congrats on the New North Trail. We have had our 2011 for about 9 months now and love it.

I would be interested to know what they do to the shower floor. We have the same issue (I thought it was just us). I have done some shoring up below but if there is a pemenant fix I would love to know what it is. I know why they did what they did with the plumbing just not sure how best to fix it.

Enjoy your new rig.

John

BobHinSC

On April 15, 2016 I bought my 2015 Heartland North Trail 22 RBK. I have been out with it twice and absolutely LOVE it. This is my first TT and will be going FT within the next few months. Congrats on your new TT.

dl_camps

Congrat's on the new trailer. We own a 21FBS and love it. It's big enough for the two of us and our little dog. Also tows great and small enough to fit into most campsites. We mosty dry camp in National Forest Campgrounds here in Wisconsin. Enjoy your camping season :)

- - - Updated - - -

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
You are going to love the North Trail.....I sold mine and upgraded to a 5th wheel, but wow what a nice TT. I had the NT for 5 years and never an issue after replacing all the towmax tires.
Enjoy your new purchase and Safe Travels.