New Owner - 2012 31QBSS

EandJ

Just picked it up on Friday. Took it for a test run at Fairfield State Park over the weekend. As of Sunday at noon, it's back at the dealer.

Leaking rear wardrobe slide - post more detail on that existing thread.

Then while trying to clean up the mud from the torrential downpour - found out that apparently the outside shower wasn't hooked up - water was just dribbling out, then started pouring out the right rear corner of the trailer. Sent one of my daughters up under the bunk and she said it was wet and getting wetter.

One of the cabinet doors above the entertainment center popped its hinge first time we opened it - no biggie - saw on here where that is frequent - but figured since the trailer was already back in the shop might as well get it done.

And then noticed while driving slowly - the brakes seemed to be dragging. Didn't notice it at high speeds, but while parking, etc, - every time I applied them, they would lock up. Pretty sure it is not my controller on my TV - not had any trouble with other trailers.

Hopefully, the dealer does a good job on the repairs as they are about 4-5 hours away from where we live. That's why I was texting the salesman on Saturday and convinced him to get somebody to open up the gate and let me drop off the trailer on Sunday - it saved me a ton of extra driving as the park was only a couple of hours away from the dealer.

While we did our search for a new TT, I did a lot of lurking here after we found this model and while we were researching Heartland. One thing I read consistently, was Heartland’s policy on standing behind their products. Just didn’t realize I would be testing that two days into ownership.:rolleyes:

danemayer

Hi EandJ,

Congratulations on your North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It seems many of us go through a shakedown. Some problems appear sooner; some later. The problems do get taken care of and you do get to enjoy the RV lifestyle. The good news is that there's a lot of helpful information here along with a great bunch of people who are quick to reach out and help when you need it.

Welcome.

EandJ

Thanks. We know all RV's have problems - you just have to find them and hope they are taken care of quickly. Hopefully the dealer doesn't sit on this for a long time. We want to take a trip at in about a month and a half.

Just no fun when you are sending in that monthly payment and there is nothing in your driveway to show for it.

danemayer

I always let the service team know what my travel plans are and I find that a couple of six packs helps a lot.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hopefully your dealer will get things fixed in a hurry. Im surprised that your shower leak didnt show up during the PDI? Oh well its an easy fix. As to the hinge issue..its seems that some longer screws fix the problem.

EandJ

Yeah - I'm kind of mad at myself for missing it at the PDI. We were scheduled for two hours, it ended up being 4 1/2. A lot of the little things we had on the list to be repaired from when we first walked through were not done. So I was concentrating on getting those done and missed checking out the outside shower.

The leaking wardrobe slide is the one I am wondering what the fix is going to be. I presume the outside shower is just actually correctly hooking up the connections and ensuring they are tight.