New owner and have slide questions.

marknewbill

Hi,
My first camper. it is a new pioneer 2021 with a large slide. When I retract the slide it fits perfectly on the outside, however while retracted i noticed it is more than an inch above the main floor. This is causing a big sag in the slide floor from the weight of the furniture and even one corner of the floor sometimes detaches from the wall of the slide a little probably from the weight. when you open the slide the floor resumes the normal position and is sturdy then. so fully out everything fits perfect as well.

is this normal to have this gap between the 2 floors when the slide is in? (enough to put your hand under it) can you use the furniture in a slide when it is in? can you walk on the floor of a slide when it is in? I believe the salesman told me you could but if so something appears wrong here with no apparent support for the middle. does one put something under a slide when it is in to support it like a few small blocks? If that is wrong I will take it back to the dealer and let them know.

All new to me so I am learning.

Thanks again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's normal for a slide (one without rollers) to be cantilevered when it is retracted.
It's not normal for the floor to detach from the wall.

Peace
Dave

marknewbill

thanks guys,
I took it in and they re-attached the floor to the wall in question. it appears the lone screw that was there either had hit a void in the wood, or had hit a gap between to pieces of wood. they managed to just put in a couple of screws up from the bottom without removing the slide.

This brings me to another question, I see on the slide there is a sofa and a table booth setup that are only bolted to the floor only, and not the walls of the slide. both have storage underneath. i don't see anything in the manuals on how much weight that I can store on the floor of the slide (inside these compartments)
Any advice on storage of items inside the slide. since my slide is basically the entire front half of the camper, loss of this as a storage area is pretty significant if the only place left to store items is in the bedroom or the small kitchen cabinets.
Thanks for any advice. if you need to know it is the pioneer RE275 floorplan.