New owner of North Trail NT22FBS

Hello! My husband and I are new owners of a2011 North Trail 22FBS. We are not new to camping though, having owned 2 other campers. We recently returned from our first trip with the new TT to Gulf Shores, Alabama. So far we are loving this trailer! Our only issues were re-caulking an area in the shower and fastening a loose cabinet trim. We do have a cabinet hinge that needs attention, but we have contacted the dealer and they will repair that. I first saw this model when we were camping in Ohio and went to an RV place to pick up some sealant for our 2000 Shasta TT. It was love at first sight for me and the husband was impressed with the construction and value.
We have more trips planned before the season is over and will let y'all know how it does.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome and congratulations on your Heartland purchase! I hope you will enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours! You may have passed right by us on your way to and from Gulf Shores. There are tons of very helpful people on this forum and they will try to help you as much as possible. Hopefully you will attend some of the many planned rally's in the area and be able to meet fellow Heartlanders in person!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hopefully you will enjoy your North Trail as much as we enjoy ours.

Have FUN!!

hopcas

I hope you guys have better luck with your tires on your North Trail than we did. We bought ours in March 2010 and am own our third set of tires. Heartland replaced the first set (Duro) after a year (they had severe cracks after only a year). The set they replaced were WD a very very cheap Chinese tire. I had a blow out after less than 700 miles. We said the heck with Heartland and went with Goodyear Marathons. These are supposedly made in China also, but at least I know the name. Lots of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manzan

We took delivery of our NT 21FBS March 1st and love it. Had a problem with the overhead cabinet struts, dealer took care of that. One piece of trim started to come loose in the bathroom and I took care of that. When the trailer was assembled, the person attaching the trim had the pressure on his finish nailer turned up too high and the heads went almost completely through the trim. We have been out in horrendous rain, wind and sun. Handled all three beautifully. No leaks, A/C and refrigerator kept things cool/cold and the furnace kept us warm. Heading out Sunday to the Oregon Coast and will have sun and rain, not sure about the wind.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Have fun on the Oregon Coast Manzan ! We spent 2 weeks down there in May, all the way to Brookings.

There is a really great RV park, county park. in Florence, Harbor Vista and you should be able to get in there during the week. Mast all the spots are very private and long and flat! No full hookups, just water and electric, but they have a dump station in the park.

TennesseeT hope you enjoy your new trailer. We had some problems with a leaky slide, but think it has been resolved now.

But anyway these trailers are a dream to tow and so roomy inside, we like ours alot! We haven't had a problem with the tires, but we are also keeping an eye on them for cracks.

Hello again! We now have a little over 3200 miles on our North Trail. After about 1800 miles we had the second light on the series of 4 lights down the middle go out. A lose wire in a bundle caused a short and the wire nut melted. Yikes!! An easy fix, but we called the dealer to see if fixing it ourself would not void our warranty. They said it would not and we have an e mail from them stating that. Now we have discovered the light switch on the wall that turns this series of lights on gets warm and hubby thinks this was also from that short. The wire is brown right at the switch connection. We are contacting the dealer about this.

We replaced the mattress on the queen bed with an 8" memory foam mattress ordered on line from WalMart. Much more comfortable! :)

PeternLiane

Hello again! We now have a little over 3200 miles on our North Trail. After about 1800 miles we had the second light on the series of 4 lights down the middle go out. A lose wire in a bundle caused a short and the wire nut melted. Yikes!! An easy fix, but we called the dealer to see if fixing it ourself would not void our warranty. They said it would not and we have an e mail from them stating that. Now we have discovered the light switch on the wall that turns this series of lights on gets warm and hubby thinks this was also from that short. The wire is brown right at the switch connection. We are contacting the dealer about this.

We replaced the mattress on the queen bed with an 8" memory foam mattress ordered on line from WalMart. Much more comfortable! :)

We also have a NT 22FBS. It's a great TT, we love ours. We have been talking about getting a new memory foam mattress for ours too. In regards to your 8" memory foam mattress, What size did you buy? Does it fit well, Is it easy to make the bed and get around the bed?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
TennesseeT... Welcome to the forum and congrats on the trailer. We have had ours for 2 years now and really put it to the test, never been in the shop!
I have fixed a couple of very small issues, but we are really satisfied with the quality. Enjoy!!!

We also have a NT 22FBS. It's a great TT, we love ours. We have been talking about getting a new memory foam mattress for ours too. In regards to your 8" memory foam mattress, What size did you buy? Does it fit well, Is it easy to make the bed and get around the bed?

We bought a queen size and used an electric knife to cut the length to the same length of the mattress that had come with the travel trailer. It now fits the same and has the same room to get around. It is lighter than the original more flexible, easier to slide it down to get the fitted sheets on the top part of the mattress and easier to get to the storage under the bed. We are making a modification to the sink in the bathroom. That sink is so small! We were able to find and order a square sink that has the knobs in the corner that lets them line up with the existing plumbing. It requires a new cabinet, but the existing door will be reused and the existing faucet. We will loose a little floor space but still have plenty. When it is done, I will try to post some pics.

loothig

we sold our 1999 Fleetwood Mallard 27ft bought it used from, my brother who bought it used. Never needed any work very high quality camper If we could have found another one we would have bought it, instead we bought a NorthTrail 22FBS. The whole experience was a disaster from 2 weeks after we picked it up. We picked up our trailer in RV wholesalers in Ohio. That was our first mistake. Always go local. We drove 13 hours to get there. We live in Clinton Corners,NY. we thought it was going to be worth it. I just can't believe that a camper that cost so much money would have anything wrong with it. We are very disappointed in our awning. It does not angle to let the rain drain. It fills up with water. I called NorthTrail they told me that that awning is only meant for sun. I couldnt believe it. why would we buy a camper with an awning made just for sun. Very upsetting. Also, I had a banana in the kitchen sink and it made a stain that wouldnt come out. They won't replace the sink. again very upsetting what kind of stainless steal stains. We bought our NorthTrail April this past year. It looks beautiful and drives like a dream, but the factory said they won't replace the awning with one that angles. I'm going to try again. We plan on Going to Alaska from N.Y. in our NorthTrail so I hope we have a better awning to do it with.

And here is the new larger sink. We lost a small triangle of floor space, but still have plenty of room in the bathroom, gained a much larger sink and more storage under the sink. DSCN0712.jpgDSCN0713.jpgDSCN0714.jpgDSCN0715.jpgDSCN0716.jpg

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
we sold our 1999 Fleetwood Mallard 27ft bought it used from, my brother who bought it used. Never needed any work very high quality camper If we could have found another one we would have bought it, instead we bought a NorthTrail 22FBS. The whole experience was a disaster from 2 weeks after we picked it up. We picked up our trailer in RV wholesalers in Ohio. That was our first mistake. Always go local. We drove 13 hours to get there. We live in Clinton Corners,NY. we thought it was going to be worth it. I just can't believe that a camper that cost so much money would have anything wrong with it. We are very disappointed in our awning. It does not angle to let the rain drain. It fills up with water. I called NorthTrail they told me that that awning is only meant for sun. I couldnt believe it. why would we buy a camper with an awning made just for sun. Very upsetting. Also, I had a banana in the kitchen sink and it made a stain that wouldnt come out. They won't replace the sink. again very upsetting what kind of stainless steal stains. We bought our NorthTrail April this past year. It looks beautiful and drives like a dream, but the factory said they won't replace the awning with one that angles. I'm going to try again. We plan on Going to Alaska from N.Y. in our NorthTrail so I hope we have a better awning to do it with.

Our 21fbs came with a carefree awning and after it collects a certain amount of water, it will slightly collapse one end and dump the water then return to original position. Did your trailer not get a carefree? We love our awning!

Hi, TennesseeT is my wife. She saw the sink in a camper we walked through in Nashville Keystone Bullet TT model 215RBS and had the parts guy order it for us. It came from Keystone RV Company and cost about $70. The Formica we got from a local cabinet shop and he thanked us for saving him from throwing away the scrap. A piece of 3/4 inch plywood and a little basic carpentry takes care of it. The sink top is 1/2 inch lower than the original so that the plumbing would reach the faucet. I reused the same faucet but it is on the sink now and not the counter top. I had to cut 1/2 inch off the top of the face frame for the door. The last thing I am going to do is flip the door over so that you can get in from the middle of the room instead of squeezing into the corner. The cabinet exists of 1/4 inch plywood and a few pieces of 3/4 X 3/4 pine scrap. I reused the existing door and just closed it in.

pegmikef

Our 21fbs came with a carefree awning and after it collects a certain amount of water, it will slightly collapse one end and dump the water then return to original position. Did your trailer not get a carefree? We love our awning!

I've got a carefree as well and while camped at Westfork, CO I learned the hard way that if you tie down the awning, the auto dump doesn't work (apparently it lifts one end as well). When not tied down, it works fine.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I've got a carefree as well and while camped at Westfork, CO I learned the hard way that if you tie down the awning, the auto dump doesn't work (apparently it lifts one end as well). When not tied down, it works fine.

When you said you learned the hard way, I thought maybe you experienced what I did. I was sitting in my camp chair relaxing at the very end of the awning when it dumped!... It scared the #rap out of me and I got totally soaked. The DW needless to say thought it was hilarious! That is how I learned how it works.

My 2011 22FBS is at the dealer now for the second time with the center interior lights out. All four plus the one above the kitchen sink are out. Last repair was a loose wire nut. I looked everywhere I could think of and couldn't find any loose wires. Where exactly did you find the problem at?