New Patio System

cdensomnia

Has anyone gotten the new patio system on their rigs yet? I thought about buying the new type and figuring
out how to swap out the ugly aluminum system with the new all black system.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

No, but I have seen the change and it's awesome. Problem is the change to our rigs is extremely expensive. I did just order the patio leg and received it today. But not sure I could stomach the cost of the steps and railing. Crazy expensive.

ndmac

I would love to get my hands on some of those steps.
Don't really need rails, I believe I could make steps work with existing rails.

hboy1

We recently picked up a 2017 Road Warrior with the new patio rails. What we did not realize, and were not informed of is that with the new patio rails, the 3 season garage wall option will not fit (may just be the size garage we have). The rig showed up with new patio rails, and no 3 season wall.

cdensomnia - We are trying to figure out if we can get the old rails so we can have the 3 season wall like we ordered. I guess ya just can't please everyone...

I don't know how the old patio rails worked, but the new system I have is nice. Takes a minute to put out. Maybe I should make a you tube video......

I think our only option is to keep the patio rails, and they will send us the pull down screen (which is now motorized). Or remove the patio rails, and they will send us the 3 season wall.... But not sure we will use the ramp patio if it doesn't have rails (kids will prob break an arm w/o rails).

weekender01

We recently picked up a 2017 Road Warrior with the new patio rails. What we did not realize, and were not informed of is that with the new patio rails, the 3 season garage wall option will not fit (may just be the size garage we have). The rig showed up with new patio rails, and no 3 season wall.

cdensomnia - We are trying to figure out if we can get the old rails so we can have the 3 season wall like we ordered. I guess ya just can't please everyone...

I don't know how the old patio rails worked, but the new system I have is nice. Takes a minute to put out. Maybe I should make a you tube video......

I think our only option is to keep the patio rails, and they will send us the pull down screen (which is now motorized). Or remove the patio rails, and they will send us the 3 season wall.... But not sure we will use the ramp patio if it doesn't have rails (kids will prob break an arm w/o rails).

Not trying to cause problems, but that is very odd that they told you it could not be added. Here is a 2017 Road Warrior (different floor plan) that has the 3 season wall and the new patio system. You can see the garage with a 3 season door and the new patio faintly behind it. This is at Freedom RV.

I tried to order on my Torque that is coming, but it would not fit due to the Torque only having a 7ft ramp door vs. 8 ft. The Road Warrior and Cyclone should be no issue.

img.ashx

hboy1

Good input. Thank you. I do think the floor plan does have something to do with it. Right now, the patio rails right next to the lower bunk/dinette. I'm not sure how bulky the 3 season door is, but it looks like it would be tough to cram a 3 season door in there.

There are holes drilled in the walls and ceiling that appear to look like the manufacturer installed something (either patio doors or housing for the pull down screen). Whatever was installed had been removed before delivery and the holes were left behind.

cdensomnia

A video would be appreciated! I would love to figure out if I could retrofit it without too much work.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good input. Thank you. I do think the floor plan does have something to do with it. Right now, the patio rails right next to the lower bunk/dinette. I'm not sure how bulky the 3 season door is, but it looks like it would be tough to cram a 3 season door in there.

There are holes drilled in the walls and ceiling that appear to look like the manufacturer installed something (either patio doors or housing for the pull down screen). Whatever was installed had been removed before delivery and the holes were left behind.

Are you sure the dealer didn't pull it off your rig to install somewhere else, and just left it off?

hboy1

Are you sure the dealer didn't pull it off your rig to install somewhere else, and just left it off?

Ha ha. Good thought. I went to look a the camper the morning it arrived at the dealer. The dealer I bought from sells hearltand TT & 5ers. He ordered the TH for me and does not seem to have a use for the patio doors. Plus, there doesn't look like there is enough room for anything between the lower bunk/dinette table and new patio rails. There is a call into the sales rep to get our options.

hboy1

Quick update;

Not much to update really. I did catch a picture of the back wall in the garage. May be hard to see whats going on. My intent was to show the clearance between the fold out dinette, patio rails, and ramp door. I'm not sure if this is the same clearance for all Heartland Toy Haulers.

I do have a call into Heartland customer services. They are sending this to one of their engineers to see if this is an issue with my model only, or a mix up during the build.

Attachments

• IMG_7782.jpg
    IMG_7782.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 58