New Purchase...How important is your dealer?????

TXTiger

Each dealership, including Camping World, is different. Some have good service, some have bad, some will do warranty work some won't or only if you purchased from them. Even if you buy it from a distant dealer for a great price, you will most likely either be on the road when something breaks or go to your local dealer, whether you bought from them or not because it is close to home. Get the best price you can, from anywhere. Try to get you local dealer to match the price. If they won't match, buy from the distant dealer. If your local dealer won't work on your rig, Heartland will approve warranty work from and independent RV repair or mobil repair. I purchased my rig from ExporeUSA in Dallas saving thousands of dollars and all my warranty work has been performed by my local dealer in San Diego who has given me excellent service.

chiefneon

Howdy!

As stated earlier we're fulltimers so a local dealer does us no good at all. I've been looking at odering a Cyclone 4000 the way we want it from RVWHOLESALERS. They state they have a network of localtion that will service any RV they sale through the country. They also are quoting me a very good price, much better than any dealer off the lot are built to order.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

donr827

I have a repair shop, not a dealer, that does all of my work. Small shop but has always done a good job. Dealing with a dealer for repairs can be a hit or miss for quality repair work. Having the owner over see the work is a plus.
Don

madkins18

I purchased my cyclone 4000 6 months ago. It has been back to dealer 3 times and i have been less than satisfied with service. I was also wondering about using a local non heartland independent rv service department.

danemayer

I purchased my cyclone 4000 6 months ago. It has been back to dealer 3 times and i have been less than satisfied with service. I was also wondering about using a local non heartland independent rv service department.

Hi madkins,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If you have an independent service location in mind, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Heartland's usually pretty flexible about authorizing warranty service at independents, but you do need advance approval.

madkins18

Thank you for reply. My dealership has been working on my RV going on 6 weeks. They keep giving me the run around avoiding my calls and lying to me. I am unable to take to different service dealer b/c the hydraulics on camper are not working preventing slideouts and legs from functioning. I don't know what to do. I have a $85,000 cyclone 6 months old that has been in for repairs going on 2 months total.

danemayer

Thank you for reply. My dealership has been working on my RV going on 6 weeks. They keep giving me the run around avoiding my calls and lying to me. I am unable to take to different service dealer b/c the hydraulics on camper are not working preventing slideouts and legs from functioning. I don't know what to do. I have a $85,000 cyclone 6 months old that has been in for repairs going on 2 months total.
If there's a problem with the hydraulics, the dealer is probably working directly with Lippert because they warrant the hydraulics and leveling system. However, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. If it's a Heartland dealer, they may be willing to contact the dealer to find out what's going on and move things along for you.

Birchwood

I have been back to my selling dealer once in 5 years and it was only for a trailer inspection.You don't need a dealer as any dealer will be happy to do your warranty work.

GOTTOYS

I have been back to my selling dealer once in 5 years and it was only for a trailer inspection.You don't need a dealer as any dealer will be happy to do your warranty work.
Not ANY dealer is willing to do the warranty work in my neck of the woods. Only the selling dealer is obligated to do this and there is no specific time frame to get the work done only within the one year warranty time frame. My one experience with my selling dealer wasn't a good one. Next time I will buy from wherever I get the best price and not worry about the warranty work. There are places that will work on them, you just need to get prior authorization from heartland and you may have to pay upfront and submit the bill to Heartland. I've done this and it's painless. Sure beats waiting 2-3 weeks for an appointment at your selling dealer, towing it 65 miles to drop it off then waiting 4-6 weeks to drive back and pick it up 1/2 finished like I did..... once... They will never see me again....Don

Ladiver

Howdy!

As stated earlier we're fulltimers so a local dealer does us no good at all. I've been looking at odering a Cyclone 4000 the way we want it from RVWHOLESALERS. They state they have a network of localtion that will service any RV they sale through the country. They also are quoting me a very good price, much better than any dealer off the lot are built to order.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

If you are still considering RVWholesalers and their "network", just be aware that the "network is just other Heartland dealers. I do not like the local Cyclone dealer and I purchased from RVW when the local opted not to sell me a trailer. When I had my first warranty items, I contacted RVW and guess who they referred me to?? I asked for other locations and it was each of the big named dealers. I was hoping for some smaller independent shops that had agreements with them, but that is not the case. I have tried getting a listing of their "network" with no success, even after our purchase. There are other things about RVWholesalers that I did not like (but turned out good for me), but that is a totally different thread. Message me, if you would like more info.

dm2776

We have had great service on our cyclone at RV Station in cleveland (tx) even tho we did not buy it there. But when we traded up (to another cyclone we did buy from there). We have been very happy with them. Not sure where in houston you are. We are north of kingwood so it is also very convenient for us

wdk450

Re "Dealer Service":
Here are a couple of items I have posted over and over (so forgive me regular gang, this is for the newbies):

There is a user supported website called RVServiceReviews.com where caring RVers post their good and bad RV service experiences with all sorts of providers. It is sorted by state and city.

3rd party independent RV servicers (no sales operations) have the most business incentive to repair your RV quickly and to your satisfaction. They want to get the work done quickly so that they can be PAID quickly. They want you to be happy with their work so that you will come back to them, recommend them to your RVing friends, and give them a good review on RVServiceReviews.com . RV repairs is their only source of income, not as a requred side operation to new RV sales.

Many of the independents will work with Heartland service on warranty issues (be sure to call Heartland Service for authorization in ADVANCE of taking your rig in), as well as working with insurance adjusters. Heartland keeps a list of local 3rd party RV servicers in your area they have worked satisfactorily with.