New to forum

Tdelegram

All,

New to the forum, newer to 5th wheel toy haulers. I know most forums get posts about problems and very few folks say how much they like their trailers. That being said, we are looking at upgrading from our puma 5th wheel to a cyclone. My wife loves the side deck and I do too as opposed to the ramp door deck. 2 main uses will be to haul race bikes to track days/races events and glamping with the wife and 3 little dogs. What lessons have you learned or would you do differently if you were to order a new hauler. Here's a few I have thought about:
tpms that works with 2017 f350
back up camera that synchs with truck
upgraded water pump and hot water heater
cold weather package
eliminate extra fuel cell (ethanol gas goes bad too quickly)
extra spare tire

thanks
Tom

Oregon_Camper

What lessons have you learned or would you do differently if you were to order a new hauler. Here's a few I have thought about:

tpms that works with 2017 f350

I installed this TPMS about 4 months ago and LOVE it. Takes about 10 mins to setup, after you've installed the sensors. I turn it on about 10 mins before leaving and leave it in the cup holder. Every now and then my wife takes a look at it. The unit will make an sound if any monitored tire hits tire limits (pressure or heat)

Link to Amazon

Capture.JPG

back up camera that synchs with truck

If you don't find one that sync's to your truck display (I gave up...to $$ and too much wiring) you can look at the Furrion Observation system. The RV will most likely come pre-wired, so all you have to do in insert a fuse in front storage compare to get the line hot, then plug and play. The screen is a good sized for quick glances to see behind you and it has a great coverage. There is a lower cost version that is not "observation", but it only works when the truck is in reserve. This model works all the time, so you can see approaching cars while driving.

Link to Amazon
71ZIa9e77qL._SL1500_.jpg

Alan_B

...If you don't find one that sync's to your truck display (I gave up...to $$ and too much wiring) you can look at the Furrion Observation system.

That was my conclusion on the TPMS and backup camera as well, too expensive and too much wiring to connect up to the 2017 F350 internal systems. We went with the TST tire pressure monitoring and the Furrion observation camera.

CoveredWagon

Full agreement on the observation camera and the TPMS. Two comments: 1 my camera wire was live all the time, so I installed a minerature relay behind the camera so I can turn it off when we are parked. 2 The TPMS system was having dropouts and was driving me nut �� So needless to say I called these folks. Nicest people you ever wanted to talk to. Debbie (I believe) told me that about 90% of the drop out problems occurr with 5th wheel Rvs. She told me the solution is to get the repeater/amplifier. I did problem solved. Sure it's another expense, but ,,,,,,,,,,think of the cost of a tire failure while driving.