New Towmax 2?

mzcummins

Well camping season is underway here in the north and I'm getting my 2013 sundance 3400qb ready for the season and noticed a tire looked odd, the tread is bulged out like it's over inflated but it's actually a pound low now and it also has a bulge on the inside and outside sidewalls, this trailer is only going on its 4th season and doesn't travel far ( only around 1000 miles a year ), I called a local tire shop and he suggested to replace them with the Towmax 2, he said they have been good and that they redesigned the tire, I can get them for $115 a piece, has anyone heard or had experience with the new ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi mzcummins,

I don't think anyone on any RV forum is going to give you a recommendation to use Towmax or a Towmax 2.

If you have 16" wheels rated at 110psi/3750lbs (look on the inside of the rim), get Sailun S637 tires. If you have 15" wheels, maybe Maxxis.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well camping season is underway here in the north and I'm getting my 2013 sundance 3400qb ready for the season and noticed a tire looked odd, the tread is bulged out like it's over inflated but it's actually a pound low now and it also has a bulge on the inside and outside sidewalls, this trailer is only going on its 4th season and doesn't travel far ( only around 1000 miles a year ), I called a local tire shop and he suggested to replace them with the Towmax 2, he said they have been good and that they redesigned the tire, I can get them for $115 a piece, has anyone heard or had experience with the new ones?

I wouldn't want to be the tester for the so-called new BlowMax tires . . . even if they gave them for free!

Go with another brand tire and do your spare tire as well!

Also, skip the Goodyear Marathon's . . . they are basically the same tire as the BlowMax's you currently have.

Maxxis and Carlisle tires have been reported here as good.

We replaced our BlowMax tires with Hi Run's, which were recommended to us by the shop that did axle replacement on our previous Heartland Trail Runner.

It was a year ago this month we bought them and have put around 4000 miles on them and so far they still look like new!

mzcummins

Only have the 80psi I believe, I was looking at the Carlisle radial trail

mzcummins

I will not run Goodyear anything, I blew 3 marathons on my boat trailer in 2 years

SNOKING

Both Power King/Tow Max and Calisle lay claim to their new offerings have a Nylon cap that is going to solve all the ST issue that they have had in the past. Guess what, the GY Marathon got a Nylon cap back in the late 90's.

OP, what is the GAWR on the trailer?? If it has 6K axles, I would install Michelin XPS Rigs or Bridgestone Duravis R250s and never look back! If you have 33" or more between axles center to center then 235/85R16E's. If less than 33" then 245/75R16Es.

Or a set of the newer Sailun ST235/80R16 and just run them at 80 pounds(this is the cheapest solution).

Chris

LBR

I'm amazed TowMax would even tout a "2" rather than rebrand with an entirely new tire name after their track record of "interstate sonic booms"

justafordguy

Check your rims, just because they came with E (80psi) tires doesn't mean the rims are only 80psi. Mine came with E rated towmax but 110psi wheels and as soon as I got home from the dealer I installed G rated Sailun S637. They are awesome tires for the money.

justafordguy

Mine were stamped on the back side with 110psi/3750. If you can't find the stamp you could call Heartland, I bet they could tell you.

SNOKING

If this is the 16" 8 lug wheel you have it is rated at 3750 and you should put Sailun's on it. Chris

http://www.tredit.com/wheels/t07

t07_8lug_silver.jpg