new TST system

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Well I will say that I love my TST system but it gave up on me last year. I have no tails to tell about how it saved me from disaster but I will be replacing mine this summer - at least the sending units - over time I lost two of them, one was totally missing and the second one snapped off and the only thing that was left was threaded piece - the others started to fail to connect ( most likely batteries needing replacement ) and I could replace the batteries - but I am considering getting the new pass through since that would make life a little easier when making sure that air pressure is up to snuff - and provides a way to do a spot check on the pressure readings before heading out.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Thanks for all the replays on the mounting, porthole I have the same dash as you do. I am going to try to make the same bracket. My next question, my alarm isn't that loud at all. If I have the radio on I won't hear it at all, is that just the way they are?

porthole

Retired
Thanks for all the replays on the mounting, porthole I have the same dash as you do. I am going to try to make the same bracket. My next question, my alarm isn't that loud at all. If I have the radio on I won't hear it at all, is that just the way they are?

Not that loud, but you should hear the annoying beep and see the flashing red light.

porthole

Retired
Well I will say that I love my TST system but it gave up on me last year. I have no tails to tell about how it saved me from disaster but I will be replacing mine this summer - at least the sending units - over time I lost two of them, one was totally missing and the second one snapped off and the only thing that was left was threaded piece - the others started to fail to connect ( most likely batteries needing replacement ) and I could replace the batteries - but I am considering getting the new pass through since that would make life a little easier when making sure that air pressure is up to snuff - and provides a way to do a spot check on the pressure readings before heading out.

Kevin, why are you just not using the display to check the pressures?
I turn mine on the morning we are leaving. By the time I am ready to back the truck under, all the sensors are on line and then I just manually scroll through to check the pressures.

recumbent615

Duane,

I do not do it every time - but I was pulling the sensors every week or so to make sure that what was reading on the sensor was correct - ( that could be how I lost one ) with the pass through I will not need to remove them every. I can check and add air as needed without removing the sensors .. right now I have moved all the working sensors to the trailer tires - I'll replace the bad sensors first - and end up replacing the rest at some point this summer.

Kevin

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Duane,

I do not do it every time - but I was pulling the sensors every week or so to make sure that what was reading on the sensor was correct - ( that could be how I lost one ) with the pass through I will not need to remove them every. I can check and add air as needed without removing the sensors .. right now I have moved all the working sensors to the trailer tires - I'll replace the bad sensors first - and end up replacing the rest at some point this summer.

Kevin

We had a sensor stop working. Contacted TST, sent the sensor in, they sent a new one within a week, no charge.

Call them, they may work with you to replace your bad sensors with the pass through for minimal cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recumbent615

My warrantee ran out last year. And two of my sensors have gone missing and two of them have gone dead. I may still get 6 batteries for the remaining 6 sensors and only get 2 new sensors. I'll give them a call tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
has any body ever had a problem with their sensors while going threw a car wash that has the rotating wheel brush?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We just ordered the TST 507 Flow Through Sensors system for our truck and 3585RL. The sales guy on the phone said we were right at the limit of needing a repeater. We did not order it since we aren't going to be using it for a couple of months. Even though they give 90 days to try out the part and return it if not needed, Mark didn't want to take the chance of being past the 90 days before we figured it out.

Does anyone need the repeater with our setup? 2012 Dodge RAM 3500 and 2013 3585RL

Thanks,
Kristy

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kristy, you may just have to try it without for a bit and see. Our rig is 37' and we needed it. We would have a sensor drop out every now and then. I think it has more to do with "interference" than length. Since we added the repeater in the front cargo bin, not one dropped sensor, and they seem to be "found" a lot quicker.

Erika

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have a 3585 as well, and like Erika said I also lost a sensor signal now an then.
I installed the repeater in the front closet and have not had an issue since.
I think that my source of interference had to do with the auxiliary fuel tank.

Peace
Dave

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks for the input guys. I will let Mark know and we will see how it goes.

Kristy

wino2

I just moved my monitor from the middle of the dash to the corner by the window. This reduces a lot of the interferences from the electrical items like the radio, GPS, and A/C fans, etc. Haven't lost a sensor since. Might be worth a try.

scottyb

TST's CSR (Mary) is great. I just contacted her about a broken case on one of my sensors. She is sending a replacement as well as all new O-rings for my sensors free of charge. Due to their generosity, and since I too lose signal on a rare occasion, I ordered the repeater. At only $59, it seems like a bargain.

Grey Ghost

Hi, I started this thread sometime ago and was following all the posts since then. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have installed my system and just love it. I can ck my temp and pressure anytime and feel much better and safer. It is a great system! I've got it mounted on the dash next my nav devise and have experienced no problems, so far! I would highly recommend this product for piece of mind if nothing else. I also LOVE my new Michelin tires and have since put a new set on my truck also. I feel pretty safe out there now and have traveled a few miles with no problems! So my recommendations are to get Michelin tires and put the TST system on ASAP! Be safe out there and enjoy your travels!!

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
dose anybody have this going on? my monitor goes in to a sleep mode, a touch of any of the buttons and the display pops back on with no lost of information, it will stay on for as long as 45 minutes. I called TST and they said its normal but haven't read any wear or heard of this happing. So I thought I would ask hear. Thanks in advance

danemayer

dose anybody have this going on? my monitor goes in to a sleep mode, a touch of any of the buttons and the display pops back on with no lost of information, it will stay on for as long as 45 minutes. I called TST and they said its normal but haven't read any wear or heard of this happing. So I thought I would ask hear. Thanks in advance

Maybe a problem with power? Loose 12V accessory plug?