New User

chris4905

Chris & Cheryl from Eagle, Idaho.

This last week we ordered our new Bighorn 2985RL, they say about 4-6 weeks for delivery from the factory.

I will be towing with a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, unless I'm mistaken it will handle the job. If you disagree please let me know. (Also purchased a slide hitch).

We are new to 5th wheel RVing, but not to the Rv lifestyle. Our last Rv was Bus Conversion we built from scratch, and had a previous "stick & staples" motorhome.

I have been reading the forum for a couple weeks and lots of good information is being shared. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your group. I hope to eventually be able to contribute to the form discussions.

jayc

Legendary Member
Chris and Cheryl, welcome to the forum. As you said, there is an awful lot of information here and very willing people to share it with you. Enjoy for forums and your new rig when it arrives. Be sure to do a thorough PDI when it is delivered. I think your truck should serve you well.

DRGalligher

Welcome Chris & Cheryl - we just got our 3055RL in August. We tow with a heavily modified F250. Had dealership install Firestone airbags and we have a Hensley TrailerSaver with a slide hitch too. It tows well, very well.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Chris And Cheryl,
Welcome and congratulations on your new coach, We recently purchased our Big Horn 3670RL. It weighs about 2,000 lbs more than yours and I pull it fine with my 2500 Cummins 5spd . I added firestone air bags (Highly Recommended)and it is equipped with 300 HP injectors a 4" magnaflow exhaust and an exhaust brake.

PUG

Pug
Chris and Cheryl;
I pulled my 3950 with a 2500 Chev Duramax single rear tire and Firestone Air bags. It pulled it ok but scared me if I were to ever blow a tire with that much weight. Your trl won't be as heavy as mine though. I went to a 3500 dually Ram Cummins and it pulls like a dream now. The dually's make a huge difference but again this may be overkill for your situation. Your 2500 Ram should be ok.

I live only a few miles from you on Cloverdale.

jimtoo

Hi Chris andCheryl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure you will love your new Big Horn. Please do a really good PDI when you go for delivery, some dealers even have someplace you can stay for a day or so to make sure everything is working.

If you have a question, just ask, the Heartland Family is here for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

chris4905

Thanks to all the responders for the warm welcome. I felt comfortable with our truck after reviewing the specs and all of your responses confirm my beliefs on the truck.

Thanks again and we look forward to maybe meeting some of your at rallies.

DRGalligher

Since we live in Meridian, may see you camping nearby with the recreational sites within an easy drive. Isn't Idaho great!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome from Oregon. Since ID doesn't have a chapter leader for the Owner's Club, I get to adopt you!
Enjoy your new trailer and don't hesitate to ask questions.
Kristy

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Welcome Chris and Cheryl from the NC Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club and congratulations on your new purchase.We have rv'd for 25 years or better and had always towed a travel trailer.When our kids grew up, Renee and I decided we would buy an RV just for us. We love our Landmark.If you are not already a member of the Heartland Owners Club I suggest you become a member. Lot's of great benefits.Enjoy your new Big Horn.