Surprised New Owners

Well here we are in our brand spanking new 2012 Bighorn 2985RL, still not quite sure how we got here. Towing our beloved 2004 Titanium, we stopped for some service at our dealer in Ontario while enroute from home in Newfoundland to Florida. We had ABSOLUTELY no intention of buying a new unit, but looked around the lot just to see what was new. We always do this, and have been happy that nothing looked better to us than our Titanium. This time it was different. The floor plan, with rear entry, is similar to our Ti, there are several new features, many of which just weren't available in 2004, and at 35' it satisfies our "Two Foot Itis" *, as the Ti was 33 feet long. Discussions ensued and here we are looking forward to many happy years, but still surprised.

* A condition (or itch) endured by many RV and boat owners, best described in the lament "If only the (insert name of RV or boat) were two feet longer I'd be able to..........."

jimtoo

Hi Winterbird,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. If you need help or have questions, just ask, the Heartland Family is here to help.

Enjoy the forum and your new Bighorn.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and Welcome to the Heartland family. Hope you enjoy your new "condo on wheels" as much as we have our Heartland products. Travel safely.

Willym

Congratulations. I presume that you went to see Eric! We suffer from the same problem - we go in to see him for a part and come away with a new trailer. Having so many models there on display, with no salesman bugging you seems to do it. We've done it three times now!

MTPockets

Congrats... we love our Big Horn.... Here I go with a little advice... I happened to check nut torques on ours when we first got it home and found that most of the nuts were well below the manual torque specs. Wheel nuts, axle U-bolts, Mor-Ryde pin box bolts, below torque and with a couple actually loose... Also found some water line nuts loose and dripping... Best to check all this stuff to avoid problems later.

Enjoy the new unit!