new warranty?

jbeletti

geeksrus,

Please make a call today to Midwest Sales at 574-287-3365 to see if they can offer assistance on your Apollo unit.

pslincs

Got an email from Jim at Heartland and talked to Chris in service at Heartland. Taking the Cyclone in tomorrow am to a recommended RV repair center in Fontana (2 hours away), talked to the facility on the phone and sounds like they can do the work. Its just to bad the Authorized Dealers will not do the work, especially since one is only 20 minutes away. Wish us luck on the repairs and hopefully will be fixed right the first time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

cj2000

Service

:(READ THAT BOOK WITH CARE, SOME OF THE THINGS ARE ONLY COVERED FOR 90 DAYS AS I SADLY FOUND OUT. IF THEY CONCIDER IT AN ADJUSTMENT ITS ONLY 90 DAYS.THE DEALERS DON'T SEEM TO WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT BEFORE THE SALE. I HAD A TERRIBLE TIME GETTING MY CABINET KNOBS REPLACED THAT CAME APART WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN THE DOORS.STILL TRYING TO GET THE FRESH WATER TANK REPLACED THAT LEAKS.15 MONTHS OF OWNERSHIP AND SPENT 6 MONTHS SO FAR IN THE REPAIR SHOP WAITING FOR APPROVAL FROM HEARTLAND.

Sometimes the catches on the doors are not very strong and you might want to replace them. We have replaced a couple but usually we use a large rubber band to hold the doors closed when they face each other. Just wrap it around both knobs.[/quote]

ksroll

warrant repairs

I am in the process of purchasing a 2009 Sundance 3200ES from a dealership in Pahrump NV. I have been told by the dealer in Pahrump that another unnamed Dealer in Las Vegas will not work on it even though they sell Heartland products because it was purchased at another dealer. He stated that the dealer is upset because he sells his units for so much less. It sounds like the California issue is not an isolated problem.
This is my first rv purchase and I am concerned that I may problems down the road getting my unit worked on. I have put a deposit on the unit but have not signed any paperwork yet. Can anyone advise if they have had the same problems with other dealers.

grizzlygiant

All dealers are not bad. Our dealer, FREEDOM RV in Liberty Lake, WA., has a superb shop staffed by experienced and caring mechanics. Service on my RV has been better than good.

The Bird

Problems with our 2010 Cyclone

Just wrapped up a summer of camping. We waited until the end of the season for our warranty work. Hopefully to get it all done at once. Except for the generator the pump went with two hours on it and had to have that replaced already. The shower is going to get replaced because it looks like a screw is coming through the back of the one piece fiberglass shower. We are very nervous about having this replaced but Heartland really wants to replace it to see what is coming through the backside. Also our water pump is not working and the city water check valve is bad. Hopefully this will all be fixed before we put it into storage but we will not be camping again until next May and I think our warranty is up in June. Gillette's RV in Lansing Michigan is the dealer that we purchased from and so far have been pretty good about getting back with us on our problems. We will see if everything gets fixed in October before we go into storage. As for the unit we love the design but I am not sure about all the problems.

The Bird

bigbird272

Extended Warranty

Well I took one from a company here in Canada through the dealer. It was primarily taken out because of posts I have read on here with a lot of people having trouble with their Heartland Products. My warranty also covers frame and axles. From what I read that is a good thing. My warranty will be going from Feb 1st this year until Feb 1 next year. I will have one trip to try out the unit, in July. The fridge in the unit alone costs more than the amount of the warranty to replace. I am glad I have it. Six years of peace of mind on top of Heartlands. The first one I have ever had. I only wish that I had taken out an extended warranty on my 2005 F350 diesel. Need I say more?

Rick