Newbie to cold weather camping: Need advice

atckid

Greetings all,
I am wanting to try some cold weather camping (25 degrees Fahrenheit and above). We have a 2017 Elkridge 30RLT. We had a very slight freeze in my water line a few nights ago when the temp got down to about 29 or 30. My connections are just inside an exterior door with a "hole" in the bottom of the area to run the hose inside. I was using a 50 ft hose with filter and brass elbow at rv end and brass pressure regulator at spigot end. I am getting a heated hose.
Can I still use the 90 degree brass elbow and filter and the pressure regulator?
I have read to not hook up sewer etc. until ready to drain the waste tanks. Do I need to worry about the tanks themselves freezing?
Anything I should do to add/do to "heat" the "basement" storage areas (I can see a few exposed water lines) or will they get enough heat from my furnace?
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sandy, Barbara and furbaby Ebby

danemayer

Thanks danemayer,
One more quick question. I have a 2017 Elkridge 30 RLT. The underbelly is enclosed or sealed. Am I correct that it is also heated?

I believe that with all of the sealed underbelly trailers, there is a 2" duct coming off the furnace that terminates in the underbelly to provide some heat when the furnace is running. However, that only gives you a little protection against sub-freezing temps. And the further from the furnace, the less effective it will be.

avvidclif

Also remember if you are using electric heaters to save propane they don't provide heat to the underbelly.