Newbie to the forum!

Hello all! My name is Ron and my wife is Angela. I have been camping since I was born. I have probably camped in everthing from a tent to a fifth wheel before I graduated HS. Angela on the other hand had not camped until we got married 22 yrs ago. We started out camping in a tent on either my grandparents camp site or my parents. We then decided it was to difficult waking in the morning and barely being able to move because of the sore muscles, and because of the racoon fights right outside our tent.

We finally was able to purchase a 22' Skamper lite pull behind (May have weighed 2,300 lbs). By this time though we had a child. It worked great for awhile but you know how it goes when you walk into an RV lot. :D We then purchased a 27' Four Winds pull behind. We kept it for several years only to take a considerable loss when trading! About 5 years ago I was able to purchase a truck big enough to pull a Fifth Wheel, and we ended up buying a Conquest with aluminum siding and one super slider. BIG Mistake, that SOG was so hard to keep the black streaks off it, it wasn't even funny. The interior we loved, but the exterior was something to be disired. We HATED aluminum siding!:mad: I had a problem with the AC in the Conquest after taking it out of winter storage and I did not take care of the problem right away like I should of, and had to get it repaired (mud Dopper nest on plastic AC fan).

Now, where was I again, but at the RV dealership! :) The day I dropped the Conquest off for repairs I was nosing around the lot. The day I went back to pick it up, I didn't because I filled out a credit application for a 2012 Heartland, Sundance, 2900MK with three slides. WTC! ! ! :D

Well I brought her home today and just the quality of workmanship and craftsmanship is unbelieveable. I love the every thought and extra about it. I am heading off on a work mission now for 8 days but as soon as I return home we are taking her out for probably a week. I hope the fiberglass exterior is easier to maintain than aluminum.

By the way me and my wife are 42 yrs old, and we still have 10 yrs until retirement. :( Our only child is grown and in the Army on active duty, 82 AB Hooah! I have 10 yrs left with the Federal Bureau of Prisons and 3 yrs left in the National Guard before retirement, and my wife says, " it does not matter how many years she has left because when I am done, she is done"! HeHeHe! We live in Terre Haute, IN and my e-mail is on my profile. I just wanted to say hello to you all, and introduce myself and Angela.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Robersons. Wow, a brand new Sundance. How cool is that.
There is a lot of good information on this forum. And a great bunch of people.
Enjoy your new rig. When do you get to take is out?

Peace
Dave

I do have to admit though, if I did not have so many other expensive toys I would have bought the Big Country! Love that one!:D

roazo

Sundance Owner
Welcome to the Heartland and Sundance Family. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.

Ron & Barb

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to interact with others who love camping as much as you. If you would like to interact with fellow Heartland Owners up close and personal attending a rally is a great place to do it. Just click on events at the top of this page and you will get a list of upcoming rallies and locations. If that sounds good to you consider becoming a Heartland Owners Club member. Information on fees and benefits can be found by clicking on Owners Club at the top of this page.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We also had joined the Heartland family by buying a Sundance. We are now on our 3rd HL product, loving each one thru the years. If things work out, try attending a HL rally near you and meet other Heartland owners. Also, if you are not sure of something or would like to see what others would do with a problem, just ask on the forum. There are a bunch of folks who will try to help.
Travel safely and enjoy!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome Ron & Angela! We purchased our Landmark in March and are extremely happy! The Heartland family is the best! We fulltime as my husband will retire from the Army September 2012 and we plan to travel the country! We are 45 & 47 and both of our sons are grown, married and starting their own families! Hope to see you on the forum often!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Ron and Angela,
Welcome.We are Terry and Renee Deal.Good to meet you.My story is similar to yours.As a boy I camped in a tent ,in the bed of a truck and a pop up camper.After Renee and I got married we bought a pop up,then 3 travel trailers and then in 2004 we bought our Landmark.Love our Landmark and all the good times that have come with it.We have also made some great friends through this forum and the rallies.If you are ever in N.C. give us a call.We would really enjoy meeting you guys

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Welcome Ron and Angela! Your story is similar to so many of ours. It's the natural progression and we hope that you enjoy your Heartland as much as we do!

Ditto to what Julie has said. Joining the Heartland Owners Club and going to rallies is the best! We have met so many nice people from all over the country and we have made lasting friendships that otherwise would not have happened without our membership number. We are at a HL rally in College Park, MD right now and having a blast! Hope we get to meet you on the road real soon.

Well I just got back from my 8 day mission and getting ready to take the new HL out for her first camp adventure. I hope everything goes as planned. :) Crossing my fingers! Wish us luck! I also decided to join the Club, and hope to meet some of the great people on here soon!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome Ron & Angela !! Enjoy your new Sundance 2900MK . We have a 2008 2900MK and it's been a great layout for us !! If your up for a drive we have 1 site left for our NY rally !!! Click on link below!!

Last edited:

k-f-Indiana

Welcome to the Heartland family, neighbors! We have had our BC for 2 years and love it and the lifestyle. We are not quite full-time, but stay in the 5er even when we are at home (like the mattress better). Enjoy your new adventure.

cashb

Hello Ron and Angela! We also love our 2900MK! Love the layout and it has so many more well thought out features than our last 5er. Be sure and share your test campout experience!

Hello Ron and Angela! We also love our 2900MK! Love the layout and it has so many more well thought out features than our last 5er. Be sure and share your test campout experience!

UPDATE! ! ! Well our aventure started out to be a two day excursion, Tues & Wed Night, but only ended in us staying one night. :( I pulled the 5er to the campground and everything was fine. This particular CG did not have water, just electric. I filled the freshwater tank before we left though.

We got the the CG and set up. I turned on the water pump to check all the lines and connnections for leaks. NO WATER pumping through the lines. I heard the pump running but nothing. I called the dealership and they advised that after they de-winterized it, they probably just did not open the valve back up to the pump. I took off the panel and checked and sure enough they were right. I turned the valve and BINGO, we had water.

Well the afternoon goes on and all the sudden a big old storm brews. It is blowing the trees like crazy and raining like heck. This goes on about a hour. After the storm we decide to go outside and the wife ask me, "I thought you took the firewood out of the back of the truck and put it under the 5er? " I replied I did. I walked around to look at my truck and a tree limb had fell out of the tree my truck was sitting under, and landed across the fleetsides of my truck. :mad: I pulled the limb off and checked for damage or dents, and there was none. :) We stayed this night at the CG. Everything else went well the rest of the night.

The next morning we woke and looked at the weather for today, they were calling for severe storms again this day. We decided to pack it up and pull it back home. Everything worked fine with the new 5er. We like it soo much more than our old one.

Received our welcome kit today and it was Great! We will use everything included in it. TY! Leaving for Gatlingburg, TN Saturday morning. Will be staying at a cabin though and not the 5er! After our return, we will camping at different parks and keep you informed on our status.

Just returned from Tennesee! Wheew! I am sooooo tired! We leave the day after tomorrow for 9 to 14 days of camping in different campgrounds in Indiana. This is really gonna tell us everything we need to know about our new Sundance MK2900. I will update u all on our trip, when I can. Wish us luck!