cdory35

Hi all,

I am picking up my (new to me) 2018 Heartland Elkridge 31RLK 5th wheel next weekend. Anything that i need to know or look for when i do the walk through would be well appreciated!

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

HI cdory35,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for PDI, or to pick it up, do a very good, slow inspection. Check everything from top to bottom and front to back. Make sure everything operates and you can operate everything. Have them have the water hooked up and check for leaks and even draining the tanks. Just check it all.
If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can find the answer most likely right here using the search option. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. While you are getting acquainted with the forum try out the search tab for fun.

Also we have a great owners manuals and Heartland User Guide area in the Tools tab at top of page. A lot of the guides are written by members or owners that actually used the subject.

And we also have the best folks in the rv world right here to help out with opinions and suggestions.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
As Jim said, do a very thorough Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI). Make sure that when you do the PDI, that the trailer is hooked up to water, sewer and electricity so you can test everything in the trailer. Make sure that they document everything that is wrong and repair it BEFORE you take deliver and sign papers.

Here is a PDI sheet.View attachment RV Inspection Checklist.pdf

danemayer

Hi cdory35,

Even though it's a 2018 model, you should be aware that in the RV industry, warranty coverage doesn't convey to the 2nd owner. The only coverage you'll have is whatever the seller promises, in writing, to do for you. A lot of sales are 'as is'.

david-steph2018

Hi all,

I am picking up my (new to me) 2018 Heartland Elkridge 31RLK 5th wheel next weekend. Anything that i need to know or look for when i do the walk through would be well appreciated!

thanks

Not sure of your experience with RV's, but take a video camera record parts of the PDI on new systems you have not dealt with in the past. This way you can refer back to it if you have questions later on in case you forget how a system works.