Newby Question re: exterior water valves..

rdbrett

This will be an easy question, but would like to make sure I know what the valves are for.
I have one valve under the fresh water tank and it obviously is for draining that tank.
However, I also have two valves (hot and cold) underneath the camper on the backside. Is the purpose of this for solely emptying the water lines? The pump has to be on for water to come out, I assume that's all these are for?
Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi rdbrett,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think you are correct on what the valves are for, but some of our other members will jump in soon with better info for you. Also you might give us the model and make of your unit.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Domi

Hey Jim,

From what you describe you are correct about what the lines do. The single blue should drain the fresh water tank. The other two will drain the hot and cold lines respectively. I use them mainly to prep the trailer for winterization of which there is a guide on how to do. You should not have to have a pump on to drain any of the lines, I just open the faucets all up inside and let gravity do it's thing. For winterization I use the compressed air method to clean them out but that is a personal preferance (the RV anti-freeze leaves a taste I do not like).

I am sure others will also chime in. If you have more questions this is a great group to ask.

John

Power247

X2 what @Domi said. You should not need the pump on to drain the lines. Just open the valves and the faucets and it should purge the majority of the water from the system.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310