Newer pitched awning arms

gpshemi

Anyone have the newer pitched Carefree awning? I got looking at the owners manual for these and it's the awning as the fixed pitch (flat), except it appears that the lower arm has a series of holes and allows telescoping. Seems to me if a person wanted to modify theirs to be pitched, all you'd have to do is cut the arm down. You could never go back, but that would be ok for me.

Porkchop

I think I have it. I hate it. I can't figure out how to change the pitch which I think is impossible. I'd be willing to change the pitch b/c it so high up. I need to read the instructions one day... and maybe take the plunge. I have a lot to do to my Cyclone and so little time....

Irene

teamlkc

I have the same problem. The awning is perfectly flat and water pools up during some of the lovely afternoon storms in Colorado. I'd be very interested in learning how to adjust that pitch problem as well.

pegmikef

My Carefree is almost flat too, but mine has the auto dump feature that automatically dips one side of the awning when the weight of water is detected. This feature will NOT work if the awning is staked down because the dip is actually accomplished by lifting one side hirer than the other . . . at least that is what I found. I have seen newer ones where the pitch was adjustable.

Sandpirate69

I had that type of carefree awning on a previous brand & I didn't care for it that much. The " Dump Method " worked ok, but it never unloaded the water completely. Also, it was so straight that we needed a sun shade to get a bit of shade. My RW is well pitched & never holds water. That other style may have looked good on paper, but not in function.

TwoGypsies

I'd love to have the adjustable pitch arms. A few months back I called Carefree and they said the parts are available but only through a dealer. I called PPL in Houston and it turns out you have to buy two complete arms including electric motor. The price was north of $800 as I recall. Like GPSHemi says, you could definitely make a one-time change by trimming the arms. I'm seriously thinking about it but would like to see one and take a few measurements. I can only go so far because I've got a slide under the awning, so it's touchy.

RCF

I was able to get just the adjustable parts for one arm to be able to have a slant for rain runoff from dealer that sold me my previous SOB TT - you might want to try that route. They would only provide the parts for the arm without wiring for the awning I had.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
My Carefree is almost flat too, but mine has the auto dump feature that automatically dips one side of the awning when the weight of water is detected. This feature will NOT work if the awning is staked down because the dip is actually accomplished by lifting one side hirer than the other . . . at least that is what I found. I have seen newer ones where the pitch was adjustable.

Our Sundance was like this, but the new BH has the ability to adjust the angle. Both arms allow you to adjust the angle and height overall. You just have to watch not to pull the one side down too far or it will block the door.