Newport Owners - question about running cable from living room to bedroom

We're getting our 16 Newport in a few weeks and I'd like to hear from some current owners about how hard they believe running some Cat6 cable would be. In our Class A, we used a Tailgater Sat system with one receiver, in the living room. We used an HDMI extender that converted the signal onto Cat6 Ethernet cable, which we ran from the living room into the bedroom, where another converter box changed it back to HDMI. We'd like to do the same thing in the Newport. Our Class A had tons of room in the basement and running the cable was simple. I'm thinking room in the basement of the Newport may be more problematic. We watch little tv in the bedroom so I'm not willing to upgrade the Tailgater. Any thoughts out there?

danemayer

Your Newport will be pre-wired for satellite in the living room and in the bedroom. For other locations, you might find it easier to use a wireless receiver.

There's a Landmark 365 User Guide that you might find helpful.

Thanks for your response. I've read the user guide, cover to cover, and appreciate the time that was put in to it! Very complete. Moving from the diesel pusher to the 5th wheel, I just have no real concept of how easy pulling wires might be. In the pusher, it was never an issue. I could, and did, run cables (of all types) throughout the coach. Ethernet is super easy to run, just wondering about room.

Your Newport will be pre-wired for satellite in the living room and in the bedroom. For other locations, you might find it easier to use a wireless receiver.

There's a Landmark 365 User Guide that you might find helpful.

danemayer

It's possible to pull wires, but depending on where, you may have to drop or cut into the coroplast underbelly. On some floor plans you might be able to drill a hole through the slide out floor and run wire along the frame and forward into the basement plumbing area. From there, it's not too hard to get into the bedroom. Sometimes you can follow the water lines for the washing machine and route wires through that raceway.

If it was me, I'd be ordering wireless stuff from Amazon and trying that first.

Going to retire my wired HDMI extender and buy the wireless version. Sounds like too much work to run the cable. thanks
It's possible to pull wires, but depending on where, you may have to drop or cut into the coroplast underbelly. On some floor plans you might be able to drill a hole through the slide out floor and run wire along the frame and forward into the basement plumbing area. From there, it's not too hard to get into the bedroom. Sometimes you can follow the water lines for the washing machine and route wires through that raceway.

If it was me, I'd be ordering wireless stuff from Amazon and trying that first.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I'm aware of that, but don't want to change the portable satellite (Tailgater) I have for a different unit and add another receiver. I just want to run what the living room is receiving into the bedroom. For the past few years, we've done exactly that with a HDMI extender kit that used RJ45 cable. Seems running the cable in the LM may be much harder to do - so time to upgrade the HDMI extender. Thanks

Your Newport will be pre-wired for satellite in the living room and in the bedroom.

So I tried a set of these after you posted them. Here in the house, they work amazingly well. I see one potential "gotchya" that I will not know till the Newport arrives. It seems as long as the electrical plugs are on the same circuit, I'm in good shape. If the living room and bedroom tv's are on different circuits, this solution will not work.

I did look at a couple HDMI wireless transceivers and I'd be very happy to purchase a set if necessary - I'm just trying to make sure that's the right answer at the end of the day.

Thank you for pointing these out Oregon Camper -at a minimum, I have a new toy for my home theater!!!

How about another option? I've used these to install security camera's in my house, where I couldn't run CAT-6 lines.

Note...not sure how this will work in an RV, but could be worth a shot. Avoid all the issues with running ethernet in the underbelly. Could turn a 4+ hour job into a 5 min job.

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter-TPL-401E2K/dp/B004D9V8C8

View attachment 42440