Newport Questions

Cholo

We have decided the Newport is going to be our choice after over a year of searching. Our dealer is working on our order as we speak. I came up with a few questions:

1) We know, based on reading here, that we want to add the wired in Progressive Surge Protector. Should this be in addition to or a replacement of the system already installed?
2) If in addition, where is the best place to install it?
3) Is the "Energy Management System" a separate system, (by it's self) or part of the surge protector already installed?
4) Can anybody give me the approximate size of the shower?

Thanks to all and will be updating on the progress of our new RV order!

danemayer

Hi Cholo,

On 1, the surge protector is built into the automatic transfer switch. I don't think you can remove or disable it.

On 3, the Power Control System is separate from the surge protector that's included. It's built into the main circuit breaker panel.

You may find our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide helpful in addressing some of the questions you're likely to have.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Congratulations
You'll want to install the Progressive 50amp surge protector inline before the Surge Guard transfer switch.
Some say after, some say as close to the breaker panel, some say in line at the pedistol. Depends on who you ask.
It will be in addition to the factory surge protector.
The EMS is I believe separate it is tied into your breaker panel and give you a lot of information on power coming in and power being used. I love it.
It will also shed power to lower priority circuits when power is in high demand. I've only seen it do this when I'm on 30amp power. Never on 50amp.
The Progressive surge protector was very easy to install. So if you have any handyman abilities you can do it easily with help from this forum.

Let the Mod's begin.
Check out my top 10 list on the Landmark mod forum.
Project LM 365 index

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fulltimers

We had the dealer install the surge protector. We ordered ours without carpet in the living room (personal choice). This forum is awesome on a wealth of information and friendship. The EMS is a great benefit. The inside shower dimensions is 45" wide and 25" deep. Congratulations and look forward to seeing you out and about.

jlsr

We ordered ours without carpet in the living room (personal choice).

Thank you for posting that info! We would definitely like to not have carpet and I didnt know you could order one like that. We will put that on our list to ask about when we go visit the dealer.

Congrats Cholo on your Newport! We have decided that is the model we would love to have. Love the Newport floorplan.