No AC from any registers, but cold high velocity air from unit in living room

Navigator

I just bought a brand new 4100 with a single AC unit. With the louvers open in the living room directly under the unit it blows hard and cold, but I cannot get any air out of any other registers. Closing the louvers just means that I don't have air anywhere. Any ideas?

Garypowell

Don't know your model but sounds like they failed to connect the a/c unit to the duct. You can drop the entire cover (probably 4 screws 2 under filter and two under trim pieces visible from outside) and see.

Take some pictures and call Heartland to send them then discuss.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I'm not if Gary miss-typed a word, but you can see if the ducts are hooked up from inside by removing the cover. BTW, while you have the cover off...make sure the bolts (4) holding the 2 1/2's of the A/C unit together are tight.

Miller0758

If you're getting airflow from the vent attached to the ceiling section, you need to slide the louvre until it's closed to force air through the vents. There's a tab built into the louvre for this purpose.

donr827

If you're getting airflow from the vent attached to the ceiling section, you need to slide the louvre until it's closed to force air through the vents. There's a tab built into the louvre for this purpose.
X2....................Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

OP said when he closes it he gets no air anywhere.

I think it's the ductwork diverter is not attached properly inside the unit. DH discovered this in our bedroom unit recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobcar_1

As the Junior member, I can report that we experienced similar issue with the living room HVAC unit. Massive air from the main exhaust, however minimal or no air from the eight (8) circular vents in the ceiling (after insuring that the slide mechanism has been fully moved over to the small vent selection position. After chatting with BJ, RV Outlets, he advised that the main duct from the HVAC unit my have been clogged with debris during construction of the trailer. He indicated that this is NOT an uncommon problem with new units. We are returning to the dealer for several issues that they have scheduled for resolution to include checking the air vents for the HVAC.

Jim.Allison

Ditto on the airdam. I was having this same problem. The airdam that separates the two sides (filter inlet, and the positive pressure side was poorly installed. I have two AC and nothing was exiting the registers, but had high velocity air coming through the single register on the unit itself.

I took the airdams out and tried to separate the sticky foam they used to effect the installation of the dam. I reinstalled them properly, and used sheet metal screws to secure them, I sealed all edges with gorilla tape, then re-installed the white insulation that was previously stuck to the dam to finish.

Thanks to this thread, I was able to figure out this troubling problem.

My system works now.

I just picked my 33RK up and had the same problem, I pulled the grill down and found the duct work had never been opened to the unit. I cut the foil in the middle and folded it back into the duct, then had some HVAC duct sealing tape to seal it all up.