No AC on Dometic

Majestic

We are getting error codes E7, E1 on the stat, worked yesterday.

we are in a new site today, front unit working, not main.

checked breakers, test with genset, still nothing

Suggestions.

danemayer

Gary,

Check the 12V system. The controls operate off 12V DC. If you're having a problem with the power converter, this could be one failure symptom.

Also check the connections at the thermostat for loose connectors or loose/broken wires. E1 means loss of communication with the thermostat and E7 means no 120V AC power.

If this is the living room AC, inside the coach, above the main air return of the AC is a gray metal box with several connectors. Check that the connectors are in place. Do this carefully since you don't want to be surprised or get a shock while standing on a step stool or chair.

Also, sometimes the circuit breakers trip and look like they're on. Flip OFF and back ON to be sure.

Majestic

Hi Dan

i had reset the breaker, found the 12v fuse blown, had changed that, unfortunately we only have vents and no access to the unit. I followed the stat wires but lost then behind the millwork.

I might attempt to get on the roof to see if i can get the cover off the unit but my ladder is not very safe for a guy my size.

danemayer

Maybe someone at another site has a ladder you can borrow. Or maybe the park manager can loan you one.

Majestic

I broke down and went up VERY carefully, pulled it apart, no fuses up there. Back to the drawing board

Majestic

New development

we have now lost power in all plugs, lights are dim, turn on yeti package, kills all light.

i suspect the power issue is causing the AC issue.

since the genset doesn't solve the problem it must be something internal like the inverter maybe.

danemayer

Sounds like your 12V system is down. That would suggest the power converter is not functioning. Try plugging into the truck and running it for a little while to charge the battery. Also check the mini circuit breakers near the battery. The one between the battery and power converter may be tripped. The 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide has explanations and pictures.

Have you also lost power to 110V outlets? If no 110V is getting through from either shore power or on-board generator, you may have a problem with the transfer switch.

If you have a voltmeter, take some readings.

Outlets (bedroom and living room): 3 readings - voltage between hot and neutral, between hot and ground, between neutral and ground.

Voltage across battery terminals while plugged into shore power. Should be over 13V DC (while not plugged into truck).

Majestic

Battery. 12.3
h - n. 118.2
h - g. 117.8
n - g. 1.3

inverter input. 12.3
output 0v, reset. 118, run 30 sec, kicked out

kitchen n-g 1.3
nothing else

all mini breakers ok

would it hurt anything to plug the transfer switch into shore power?

danemayer

Battery. 12.3
h - n. 118.2
h - g. 117.8
n - g. 1.3

inverter input. 12.3
output 0v, reset. 118, run 30 sec, kicked out

kitchen n-g 1.3
nothing else

all mini breakers ok

would it hurt anything to plug the transfer switch into shore power?
I'm now confused. Are you running off batteries rather than shore power? Your battery reading is pretty low and if when you say inverter, you actually mean an inverter converting 12V DC into 120V AC, it may be that your batteries are not able to keep the inverter going.

The part that's confusing is that you were trying to run air conditioning. You'd need quite a battery bank and inverter to run Air Conditioners.

So maybe when you say inverter, you mean Power Converter changing 120V AC into 12V DC. But in that case where you say 12.3V input to inverter, it doesn't make sense. That would be to an inverter.

Is shore power available? When you plug the trailer into shore power, the first place the power goes is to the transfer switch. That's normal operation and it shouldn't hurt anything.

Majestic

I am following from the battery to the Kisae power inverter, then to the Kisae transfer switch 15

input battery is now down to 11.5 v, dropping fast, its almost 100 here today.

currently the remote light is lit in the cabinet, still not power in main area.

so if I plug the transfer switch into shore power it should stop the battery drain?

danemayer

I don't know anything about your Kisae transfer switch or how it's set up or how much power it will accept, or if it will handle the 50 amps coming in your your main power cord.

How does your shore power cord power get to the circuit breaker panel? Is any of this gear in between the power cord and the breaker panel and can you bypass your custom gear completely?

Majestic

Just heading in behind the storage, the built in surge protector and what appears to be an inverter but not back that far yet

Majestic

Final update

Shore power was browning out on one line only, camp ground fixed the problem and all is done

Time to relax and have fun

Dan, thanks for all your help