No AC power on Generator

Dylan6959

Hey everyone,
I have a 2012 Cyclone 3010 and when I start the generatorI hear the relay close but dont have any AC power.I opened the transfer relay box and one of the relays close but the other doesnt. I'm not sure if it needs both or not. I have checked all the circuit breakers and fuses including the ones on the generator with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Its starting to cool off here in FL and the family is ready to get out and do some camping.
Thanks
Dylan

Dylan6959

Re: No AC power????

Not yet I have to tow it to a campground somewhere to try it. I was hoping to do some troubleshooting where I store it beforeI drag it out.

wdk450

Not yet I have to tow it to a campground somewhere to try it. I was hoping to do some troubleshooting where I store it beforeI drag it out.

If you can come up with another generator of any size, you could test the rig at the storage yard, using adapters on the power cord.

wdk450

Dylan:
Is your rig brand new, or have you been using it for a while? I hope you have been talking to the Heartland service department, and send them a copy of your photo. I would say that EVERY A.C. powered electrical device in your rig needs to be checked out for correct functioning, and any device with solid state electronics in it should be suspect. They may fail many months down the line due to power spikes and glitches from this bad wiring.

Dylan6959

We bought the camper in July of 2011 and took it to Alaska then moved from there to Florida this summer. We have had lots of issues since day one but its all stuff I just dealt with on my own. I talked to heartland today and they said it may or may not be covered since the factory 1 year warranty is up, and they referred me to a local dealer in ft. lauderdale but they cant get me in for 2 weeks. My opinion is Heartland should cover this since its a safety issue. Lucky for us it didnt catch on fire and burn down while we were in it. I did look around and dont see any water damage anywhere but who knows we have found lots of water leaks including a bad water pump. I will let yall know when its all resolved.
Thanks for all the responses,
Dylan

Dylan6959

Just a heads up!!!!

I posted this in the A/C electrical forum too but just in case someone missed it. I have a 2012 cyclone 3010 and couldnt get any A/C power. To make a long story short the neutral wire (white one) coming into the breaker panel melted in half and burnt some other wires next to it. Yall may want to pull the cover off your panel a take a look. Still dont know what caused it.

camper.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just a heads up!!!!

It could just be me, but it looks like there are some neutral lines connected to the ground buss and vice versa. Could just be my bad eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuralPastor

Re: Just a heads up!!!!

Dylan, Obviously you have some pretty serious damage to your wiring. While it's impossible to tell from the picture, it looks as though that neutral feeder might have been loose. Either that, or the neutral became energized through connection to a mis-wired receptacle. I'm sure sorry this has happened. Mark

porthole

Retired
Re: Just a heads up!!!!

I posted this in the A/C electrical forum too but just in case someone missed it. I have a 2012 cyclone 3010 and couldnt get any A/C power. To make a long story short the neutral wire (white one) coming into the breaker panel melted in half and burnt some other wires next to it. Yall may want to pull the cover off your panel a take a look. Still dont know what caused it.

View attachment 21847

That looks pretty interesting.
Where the panel is on a 3010 I don't see how water could get in it. Where all the screws tight?

Dylan
Sure looks to me like a loose connection at the feed to the neutral buss bar causing a high resistence which created heat there . Looking at the pic there is more heat on the left side of the bar where the feed is and it gets less the farther right you go. the oxidation on the scews is caused by the heat.
Good luck

Last edited: