No airflow in living area and Heartland not taking responsibility

JackieMac

Very disappointed with Heartland as our very first trailer had few problems but we have one major thing which we had hoped they would be able to rectify quickly. The main heating vent from the propane furnace in the living area gets zero air flow, ie no heat. The dealer says the hose is being pinched by the slide out rail. They could see no way to fix this so as an interim solution they installed another vent at the opposite side of the living area to give us some air. This does not really rectify he problem as the air flow is not huge so if you are on the couch or chairs you don't get the heat. The main issue is hat Heartland have said it is nothing to do with them and the dealer has to fix it.?? I find this lack of ownership very disappointing. We have gone back asking for the details of a senior member of the management team. I thought that quality and customer service was something taken very seriously by this company but perhaps I'm wrong. I do hope not.

danemayer

The dealer says the hose is being pinched by the slide out rail. They could see no way to fix this

This seems somewhat unlikely. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

JackieMac

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dane/Paul, the first thing we did was call and have been dealing with a guy via email. Perhaps another call would be a good idea. Thanks

danemayer

You should call.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the difficulties in situations like this is that the Dealer has no doubt submitted the warranty claim and been paid for the repair work. No manufacturer wants to pay twice for the same repair. So Heartland will probably want the Dealer to fix it correctly without additional charge. Sometimes the Dealers step up. Sometimes they need a bit of "encouragement".

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Very disappointed with Heartland as our very first trailer had few problems but we have one major thing which we had hoped they would be able to rectify quickly. The main heating vent from the propane furnace in the living area gets zero air flow, ie no heat. The dealer says the hose is being pinched by the slide out rail. They could see no way to fix this so as an interim solution they installed another vent at the opposite side of the living area to give us some air. This does not really rectify he problem as the air flow is not huge so if you are on the couch or chairs you don't get the heat. The main issue is hat Heartland have said it is nothing to do with them and the dealer has to fix it.?? I find this lack of ownership very disappointing. We have gone back asking for the details of a senior member of the management team. I thought that quality and customer service was something taken very seriously by this company but perhaps I'm wrong. I do hope not.

So sorry you are having issues. I see you have A Sundance Travel Trailer. We haven't seen many owners of these here in the forum, but others may have similar issues, or not have issues, or may have solved them... Hopefully you'll get more helpful feedback to help your dealer resolve this. We hate to see someone unhappy with their Heartland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk