No Heartland Dealers at RV Show

Wharton

Our first local RV show of the season is in Richmond, VA. I have emailed the 2 dealers closest to Richmond and one said they think that they are being black balled as the Richmond Show had no room for them and the other never answered. I went to the 2nd ones website and on the home page there is a statement that "they can't attend shows because they are a discount dealer".

Has anyone ever heard anything like this before? I guess that means there won't be any Heartlands at the show so we won't bother going.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
According to the RV Show Website, McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV Superstore in Ashland is one of the exhibitors. They have also been there every year for the past few years we have gone. Last year they took up the entire "old" exhibit building. They sell Big Horns, Big Countrys, Sundances, North Trails and the new Greystone. No Landmarks or Toy Haulers though. If you check their website, they have a lot of Heartlands in stock. We're planning on attending the show

Wharton

I emailed McGregor and Rv Outlet(Ringgold). Both said they would not be there. Neither could get space. Actually McGregor thinks they have been blackballed....................

boatto5er

Interesting... The below is right off of McGeorge's Website:

25th Annual Richmond Camping Expo

February 12 - 14, 2010
Richmond Raceway Complex
Richmond, VA

** Come see our Display located inside of the Old Dominion Building**

Show Hours
Friday: Noon - 8 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 8 pm
Sunday: 11 am - 5 pm

I tried calling them, but there is no answer today. Suspect they're closed because of the snow. I have an email in to our salesman. He's usually pretty good about answering, so I hope to have something more definitive soon.

porthole

Retired
How does a dealer get blackballed from a show?

We do a TowBoatUS booth every year at the Edison boat show, and in setting up contracts I don't see how anyone could be black listed. If a big dealer was big enough he would have to be in cahoots with the show organizer and then would have to pay for the space he is trying to exclude someone else from.

Sounds more like the dealer just can't afford the fees or because of the economy can't risk the funds.

moose53

New Jersey.

Last weekend we were in New Jersey, so we attended the Affinity Show in Edison. There was one Elk Ridge Fifth Wheel and I think one other Heartland Travel Trailer. I assumed we would see Big Horn's and Big Country's but no such luck. There was no shortage of Campgrounds and other vendors. The show was a dissappointment, but has us looking forward to Spring. It was just -20 below here this morning, but camping season is just around the corner!

Harvey and Jan

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Mooose53,

Did you by any chance approach an F250 Ford and ask the driver about a bug shield saying "Every Mile A Memory"?

Wharton

Interesting!!! Maybe the left hand and the right hand aren't talking to each other. I went looking for the note but with the snow I have been cleaning out the computer and must have permanently deleted it.

I think I will call them on Tuesday to find out what is really going on.................

Tom of Ypsi

Wharton is showing McGregor as the dealer and boat to 5er is showing McGeorge's as a dealer. Being that the dealers have two different names could it be possible the two of you are actually talking to two different dealers and not the same one? Just curious.

Wharton

No, that was just me. I am not sure where I got McGregor from.....senior moment I guess......................

boatto5er

Just got the following email from my salesman at McGeorge's:

"We will be at the Richmond Show with the largest display. As of right now there will be around 75 pieces just from us. We are so looking forward to it, and would never let our hometown down. You can find us in the dominion building. ( large brick building). So please let whatever site you heard this from know the truth."

So head on out there. I'm sure that out of that 75, many will be Heartlands.

Gus

Wharton

I just had a second response from McGregor...........They will let me know what they are bringing to the show. I don't know what is going on there. They seem a bit confused.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I was at the RV show in Calgary last week and there wasn't 1 Heartland product there. I was really disappointed, the show space was smaller this year and overall not nearly as good..../Doug

Wharton

They are going to have 2 Big Horns at the show. A 3410 and a 3610. The inventory numbers he referenced are both 2010. I asked if they were gong to have any 2011 BH and have had no response as yet. We are primarily interested in the 3670. We really wanted to talk to a different dealer than Chesapeake(we were happy with his responses) so we may just go down to his place when he gets in a 2011 3670.

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
Does anyone know if a Heartland representative will be at the Richmond RV Show? This might be an opportunity to meet someone from the factory.

tcbrady

Yes, we will have 2 Heartland representatives at the Richmond show
1. Ryan Elliott with the Big Country division
2. Kary Katzenberger with the Sundance/Greystone division
We will also have Bighorn product on display and Ryan and Kary can help with all questions/comments.
The team at Heartland is looking forward to a great Richmond show!