No hot water

Dreamer7

Ok those who have helped me before, here we go again! Lol. Ok now there is no hot water. It's a 32 RLTS plugged into electric. Any tips, thoughts, jokes or one liners appreciated! Jk.

I am not there so it nakes makes it harder bc my friend is borrowing for a fair. She's not terribly upset about no hot water but I would like to fix it. I can blame myself for not getting to know my camper better. Honestly I need to do that. In any case, at this point, Is switch in bathroom may be for gas heated water only?

Thanks in advance!
Katy

Dreamer7

Ok those who have helped me before, here we go again! Lol. Ok now there is no hot water. It's a 32 RLTS plugged into electric. Any tips, thoughts, jokes or one liners appreciated! Jk.

I am not there so it nakes makes it harder bc my friend is borrowing for a fair. She's not terribly upset about no hot water but I would like to fix it. I can blame myself for not getting to know my camper better. Honestly I need to do that. In any case, at this point, Is switch in bathroom may be for gas heated water only?

Thanks in advance!
Katy

Ok, I saw Dan's link from a different post. I'll look into these...

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
If the switch is labeled 'Water Heater' then it needs to be turned on to get hot water.

Dreamer7

If the switch is labeled 'Water Heater' then it needs to be turned on to get hot water.

Thank you. Well it was nearly impossible to catch up w her most of week, I forwarded all info and she says still no hot water all week. :/. Also, Stove didn't work. And tanks were mislabeled?!

In any case, bringing it home today and will start the troubleshooting process. I'm wondering if something burned out. In any case, I'll be in touch. Thanks for all the info. I guess I'll have to start at the process from point a. Time to learn everything about this camper that I can. I'll be plugging it in and with help (i.e. People who know!) figuring things out, until I get the boat back, then I'm taking a break to go out on the water!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Katy

Lynn1130

I first posted about the propane tanks and whether they are turned on or not since the stove is not working either but then saw you were talking about electric connections. Do you know which she was using? If the stove is not working I would guess propane. Are the tanks full? Did they get turned on too fast and shut down the safety valve? If it is electric did the switch get turned on with no water in the tank? That will burn the heating element out in seconds.

'Lil Guy'

On our BH there is a reset button in the outside cover of the water heater. Just unclip it and take a look. Press the reset and see if that dworks.

Jv75353

Is this the first time your rig has been out since being winterized? The hot water tank bypass valve may still be in the bypass position.

Dreamer7

Is this the first time your rig has been out since being winterized? The hot water tank bypass valve may still be in the bypass position.

Yes and no. I let a friend use it one time for a weekend. This was "second" time out but they did say there was still winterizer in it...

- - - Updated - - -

On our BH there is a reset button in the outside cover of the water heater. Just unclip it and take a look. Press the reset and see if that dworks.

i think they tried that. There are a LOT of steps. She couldn't find diagrams in the manuals, which are great teaching tools. Tomorrow I need to try and figure out if there is even water in the hot water tank. They were getting water out of both faucets but in both cases, cold water.