No Hot Water

I have a North Trail 2009 21 FBS and this past weekend my water heater would not ignite - did a little googling and 3/4 of people said it was their circuit board and to have it checked at an RV repair shop. All good accept that I cannot find the dang thing anywhere!!!! My water heater tank is located under the shelf for the TV. I took off the access panel and could not see a circuit board or anywhere it could be - not on top, not on the front side and not on the back where the supply lines are. The only thing I can think of is that it is on the back side of the tank, which cannot be accessed because that would be where my bathroom cabinet drawers are. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, and now I get the clicking, the gas comes through the orifice and then ... nothing. Three tries - no luck. Did all of the things I normally do, yes, I checked to make sure I have propane (full tanks), yes, I bled the lines by turning on the stove burners, yes, tried multiple times. I'm heading on vacation in 4 days and I realllllly hate cold showers! Where is it?????

danemayer

Propane devices typically have to have air intake and exhaust on the outside wall of the trailer. Does yours?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Remove the drawers and see if it’s taped on that side of the tank. It’s unlikely that the board (it’s got a plastic cover) is on the same side as the burner. There should be wiring that will lead you to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did take out of the drawers - it is a solid wall - no access into the water tank compartment

Yes, there is an intake / exhaust that is fine - no obstructions.

Hmmm, I did not do that - all of the Suburban diagrams show the circuit board at the back or top of the tank. I will try that. Thanks!