NO LNB VOLTAGE on Direct TV Dish

Georgia_Biker

Just arrived at our campground in Fletcher, NC. We haven't been out on the road since March. I turned on my Satellite Dish which is a Direct TV Winegard mounted on top of my Big Horn FB3875. I got a message that said NO LNB VOLTAGE. The dish raised up and then stowed.

I called Direct TV and they advised it was a Winegard issue.

Of course it's after hours so I immedaiatly get on our Member Forum.

Anyone ever have this issue?

Many thanks

danemayer

Check the controller for loose connectors/wires. If that's ok, take a look at the wires at the dish.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Many thanks

YES, happened to me on my Landmark!! Long story short, did finally talk to Winegard ... The coax cable needs replacing from the LNB down to the base of the Traveler.

The replacements from Winegard are +- $40 .. they advised me that I could temporarily replace the existing with a 6' cable from Walmart!! It was about

$7.00 and it worked for almost a year. I did order the replacement cable from Winegard later, and have since installed it!!! Hope this helps !!

Georgia_Biker

Thanks Dan-

I'll check it all out

- - - Updated - - -

How much of a challange was it to run the cables down to the Trave'ler?

Well Ya'll, I climbed by big old butt up on top to check everything out. All the connections are tight and don't seem to have any wear. I then checked the wires on the back of the Travl'er Controller and it is an an electrical plug which was good and tight.

There are two cables coming off the Satellite dish, one a coax and the other is inside a silver screw on plug and they both go down inside the RV. I am guessing the silver plug is the electrical plug but, not sure where the coax cable goes.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Well Ya'll, I climbed by big old butt up on top to check everything out. All the connections are tight and don't seem to have any wear. I then checked the wires on the back of the Travl'er Controller and it is an an electrical plug which was good and tight.

There are two cables coming off the Satellite dish, one a coax and the other is inside a silver screw on plug and they both go down inside the RV. I am guessing the silver plug is the electrical plug but, not sure where the coax cable goes.

The cable I replaced was the coax from the box at the base of the Traveler, up thru the arm, to the LNB on the end of the arm.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using DTV SWM? If so you may need to look at the power inserter.

Peace
Dave

Georgia_Biker

The cable I replaced was the coax from the box at the base of the Traveler, up thru the arm, to the LNB on the end of the arm.

Hey Bill-

I was totally confused on what you were telling me. I found a good video on You Tube about NO LNB VOLTAGE and of course with the visual I realize it's the short cable from the LNB Box down to the base. In the video the guy found corrsion at the coax connector. He cleaned everything up - replaced the cable with one he made himself and hoo ray everything worked.

I then rushed back up on top and took the cable off for inspection - clean as a new baby. Put it back together and made sure all the connectors were tight - still got the NO LNB VOLTAGE message.

Next - I called Winegard Help - sat on hold for about 10 minutes and the call timed out and they said leave a message. So now I am going to Home Depot or somewhere to find a cable.

Stay tuned-

danemayer

Are you using DTV SWM? If so you may need to look at the power inserter.

Peace
Dave

As Dave mentioned, the power going to the LNB originates with the Power Inserter that's inline somewhere between your receiver and the LNB. It could be something as simple as a plug falling out of the outlet, or perhaps a 120V AC circuit breaker tripping.

Locate the Power Inserter. Likely locations are 1) near one of your receivers, 2) Universal Docking Center (UDC). It looks a bit like the power brick for a laptop computer. Plugs into a 120V AC outlet and has a coax connector on each end.

SNOKING

Georgia_Biker

Just arrived at our campground in Fletcher, NC. We haven't been out on the road since March. I turned on my Satellite Dish which is a Direct TV Winegard mounted on top of my Big Horn FB3875. I got a message that said NO LNB VOLTAGE. The dish raised up and then stowed.

Of course it's after hours so I immedaiatly get on our Member Forum.

Many thanks

I wanted to close this out on a positive note.

Thanks to everyone that responeded you were very helpful

I did contact Winegard and talked with a very helpful young lady named Monty Stark - she advised me to get a short cable at Home Depot and change out the present cable. I got that accomplished and the system worked. She strongly recomended I change the cable out with one of theirs. She had one shipped to me at my next campground stop at no charge. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!