No longer confused...ordered our Landmark Newport!

randolu

Well after going back and forth between the Newport and Charleston we pulled the trigger and ordered our new Newport this past weekend! So with that being said we should see it in about 8-10 weeks ;-)

randolu

I know...it is hard to believe that it has been 3 weeks all ready. I am starting to wonder though as my salesman said that he would send us the conformation when the VIN was produced for our rig and we have not received anything yet :-( Must be the Christmas and New Years holiday season has put them really behind.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I know...it is hard to believe that it has been 3 weeks all ready. I am starting to wonder though as my salesman said that he would send us the conformation when the VIN was produced for our rig and we have not received anything yet :-( Must be the Christmas and New Years holiday season has put them really behind.

FYI - The factory is closed over the holidays and does not reopen until January. So there is a built in delay.

randolu

Well we finally heard something......our new Landmark is at the paint shop and they figure it will be completed and ready for delivery to the dealer by the end of this month!

danemayer

Well we finally heard something......our new Landmark is at the paint shop and they figure it will be completed and ready for delivery to the dealer by the end of this month!

Congratulations randolu. I'm sure you'll love your Landmark 365.

If you haven't already done so, take a look at our recently posted owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide. It'll answer questions you didn't know you had.

randolu

I am starting to get a bit frustrated.....we don't seem to be updated on the progress of our new rig. We were supposed to get a notice when the vin was generated and never did. After I contacted our salesman about that I was told that the rig was at paint and would be done within a week ...that was almost 4 weeks ago and we have heard nothing! I am starting to wish I could go with another dealer :-(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest giving Heartland a call and explain that you are getting no information on your new rig from the dealer.
You should be able to find out what you want to know.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fulltimers

Well, we ordered our 2017 Newport today at the Austin RV Show. Too early to know for sure, but estimated delivery date is mid to late May. Now the wait begins and the excitement builds. Ordered with bath and half, no carpet in living room, three A/C units, English slate interior and Silver/Black full body paint. Plus some very required extras.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Nice!! You need to post some pics when you take delivery for the rest of us to drool over. And join the owners club and come to some rallies!!

Rod

randolu

I am starting to get a bit frustrated.....we don't seem to be updated on the progress of our new rig. We were supposed to get a notice when the vin was generated and never did. After I contacted our salesman about that I was told that the rig was at paint and would be done within a week ...that was almost 4 weeks ago and we have heard nothing! I am starting to wish I could go with another dealer :-(
Well we now know that the dealer had our rig on its lot for 2 weeks and never contacted us. I truly believe that had I not emailed Andy at the factory we still would not know it was finished.

We stopped in the dealership Saturday (they were having a big sale) and thought we might be able to sneak a peek at out new rig. We called the salesman before we got there and it went to voice mail. We really didn't think to much about it because we figured he would be busy. We got there and thought we would just walk around the outside and check that out first before trying to find our salesman. My husband tried the door and much to our surprise it was unlocked!

We closed the door and not seeing our salesman we left. He did call us shortly after we left and we brought it to his attention that it was unlocked and we would appreciate him checking up on that. We checked their website the next day and guess what....our rig was listed in their online inventory FOR SALE! We have had a strong feeling that they were showing our new RV and am believing that is the case. We have asked a couple times for a date to finish the paperwork (we have pre-agreed that it would stay in storage on their lot till April) and can't seem to get a date. Another red flag that something might now be right. We discussed this more then once with the salesman about the fact that our rig would not be shown and were assured each time that that would never happen....we are not so sure!

Bones

Well we now know that the dealer had our rig on its lot for 2 weeks and never contacted us. I truly believe that had I not emailed Andy at the factory we still would not know it was finished.

We stopped in the dealership Saturday (they were having a big sale) and thought we might be able to sneak a peek at out new rig. We called the salesman before we got there and it went to voice mail. We really didn't think to much about it because we figured he would be busy. We got there and thought we would just walk around the outside and check that out first before trying to find our salesman. My husband tried the door and much to our surprise it was unlocked!

We closed the door and not seeing our salesman we left. He did call us shortly after we left and we brought it to his attention that it was unlocked and we would appreciate him checking up on that. We checked their website the next day and guess what....our rig was listed in their online inventory FOR SALE! We have had a strong feeling that they were showing our new RV and am believing that is the case. We have asked a couple times for a date to finish the paperwork (we have pre-agreed that it would stay in storage on their lot till April) and can't seem to get a date. Another red flag that something might now be right. We discussed this more then once with the salesman about the fact that our rig would not be shown and were assured each time that that would never happen....we are not so sure!
What does your contract say. If you ordered it it should be yours until you decide not to finalize it and finish up payment. Or at least that is what I am thinking. I know when our trailer was delivered we it took a couple weeks because they had to prep the trailer but we had been in contact with them and they were sending us pictures all the time. At least the sales man was.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I am thinking about it You don't actually own the trailer yet so they essentially can do what they want. That is not good business a good business practice but could take place. If you are worried have a friend of yours go to the dealership posing as interested buyers in that model and have the sales man show them around and see what happens. Then you will have your answer.

randolu

What does your contract say. If you ordered it it should be yours until you decide not to finalize it and finish up payment. Or at least that is what I am thinking. I know when our trailer was delivered we it took a couple weeks because they had to prep the trailer but we had been in contact with them and they were sending us pictures all the time. At least the sales man was.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I am thinking about it You don't actually own the trailer yet so they essentially can do what they want. That is not good business a good business practice but could take place. If you are worried have a friend of yours go to the dealership posing as interested buyers in that model and have the sales man show them around and see what happens. Then you will have your answer.

We ordered the unit and put a substantial amount down. We were given that vin as our unit and our name is on the rig. We have asked a couple times to gat a day to sign the paperwork and pay for the unit but can't seem to get that. The salesman was going to call us Monday ....and nothing. We emailed him Monday afternoon and noreply. My husband emailed again asking about a date to sign paperwork and that question was ignored and only the pre delivery scheduling was addressed. He was going to get back with him later this afternoon and nothing! We have thought about your suggestion.

LarryL

I am going to buy a fifth wheel also and havejust joined this forumecause I'm leaning towards Landmark as the trailer I want to own. I hav goe from loking at used to tryingto find a deal on a unit on a lot to really thinking ordering a unit xctly he way we want it is the wa to go. I know that I woud be exremely upset wih dealer that tried to pull something like that with me. Part of the reason for ordering a unit is to know that it hasn't been abused at the dealership. I've been at dealers just lat fall in northern Indiana and watched them moving units around with all the slides out on uneven ground. I decided righ then that I could never buy from them no mattr how good the deal. I think you should have some recourse either cancel the order if possible and you have the time or renegotiate te deal. I for one know tat I wil be paying more attention to a dealers reputation.

Fulltimers

We got the phone call today from our sales person letting us know our 2017 Newport should be ready for shipping after next week. The long wait is almost over.