No longer making Edge!!???

davehuiz

We took our Edge M-21 for a maiden voyage last weekend. a number of people stopped by and commented on the trailer. We ungraded from tent camping and liked the size and look and uniqueness of the Edge M-21. We love it I am sorry to see Heartland discontinuing a truly unique look.

Dave and Susan
2011 Honda Pilot
2012 Edge M-21

lohnesdl

This is my first post and I can only say how disappointed my wife and I are this great TT is being
discontinued. We researched and took many, many trips to dealers around where we live, up into
Wisconsin, and Ohio and along the way to Minnesota on our vacation this year (at least 30 different
dealers in total). We looked at Scamps, Surveyors, MPGs R-pods, Colemans, Visas...you name it we
probably looked at it. After much looking, calculating, talking, and pondering, we had decided on an Edge M17 because for the size, weight, and amenities we felt there was nothing that could compare. We had
even gone as far as to get financing set up and were literally weeks away from getting one. For
Heartland to think that the Wilderness is a favorable replacement for the Edge a boat has been missed
because weight-wise they are a lot heavier than the Edge we wanted and none of the Wilderness floor
plans were close to that of the M17, with the twin beds and around 3,000 pounds. We are terribly
disappointed and well, it's back to the drawing board for us as we want to buy a unit that a manufacturerthinks enough of to continue to produce. And so it goes...

polarpaul

Ok, I am shocked to say that after being gone all summer from this forum I come back to find that our new to us 2010 M21 Edge is being discontnued??
We have not even been able to get out yet and really give our trailer a go lol. We live in Lake Country and spend July and Aug with a house full of company.
But I have read many post with how people will have their Edge parked at a campground and the attention it gets. So I thought I must share my story, We were at the Dealership picking up our trailer as it was a trade in it was the only one on the lot, a older than us couple pulled in from the highway started going through our trailer while the saleman was giving us our tutorial on it, they were so impressed with the trailer wanted to buy it from us and we havent even pulled it out of the lot. LOL So I am sad to hear they are discontuing a really eye catching,different trailer. Once we said no to the couple they left did not even check out any of the other trailers. I hope they keep this forum going some of the info is really good, if not I will follow all the other edge owners lol. We love our Edge and feel we are lucky to get one while we still could.

Chumbly

Yep, our experience too...the dealor said that the day we bought ours, he could have sold it 4 times... and since we've had people look at it that were wondering where they could get one. I don't really care if they make more or not- we already got ours but I think to discontinue manufacturing it is a serious mistake, IMO

Maybe margins were too tight on this one? Might have worked for Heartland when dealers could get close to MSRP but when the recession hit, these things were discounted steeply! We love our M22 with full body paint and can't say enough about Heartland backing up their products. Our M22 was replaced from the frame rails up (you read it right) because of some delamination on a wall and roof cap problems. Was a stressful experience and plenty of poor communication to boot, but at the end of the day, Heartland takes care of issues. Will buy another Heartland product again, but hope our Edge is with us for the long term!

we are in the process of buying our first rv and settled on heartland and particualy the Edge. Does anyone have any thoughts if we should not buy it (M219) because of it being discontinued?

jimtoo

we are in the process of buying our first rv and settled on heartland and particualy the Edge. Does anyone have any thoughts if we should not buy it (M219) because of it being discontinued?

Hi Philipm1961,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefuly to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think you have made a good choice myself. And you should not worry about service just because it is a discontinued model. Heartland will take care of you if you have problems.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jim-Thank you for the quick reply and information. I have spent the last week doing research on the construction and chassis of different manufactures and Heartland rates high in both categories.
Thanks again, Phil

larissa

wow so sad to hear they no longer making the edge. we're are glad we got ours, we just enjoy it to the fullesst. nice tt we havent had any problems with it so far 2010 m21 it pull very nice but we just had upgrade the f150 to f250 diesal. i hope we have it for long time because it took us a long time to find the right tt for us.

GWB

My wife and I just bought a 2012 M219.
We looked at many travel trailer makes & models and believe the Edge M219 provided the best combination of features we wanted and the best overall weight.
I'm personally not concerned that the Edge Model has been discontinued since only the model itself has been discontinued while parts needed for any future repairs will continue to be available. Once you have the trailer, repairs will always be required and there are many qualified RV centers and many Heartland Dealers who will be glad for the business.
At least that is our view and the prices on M219 units are excellent.

Just to add my .05 worth--our M21 is almost two years old now, and we love it! We have (so far) pretty much stayed in SC camping, but I can honestly say that we have yet to see another one in any of the parks, and wherever we go we always get very positive comments on it! We got the platinum package with the all grey exterior, and the only complaint I have so far is that the gelcoat on the front cap is fading, even with several coats of Nu-Finish wax on it. Other than that, it's been a great little trailer. I frankly can't believe that with all the positive comments I see on this website that Heartland/Thor decided to discontinue the line; from what I understand the North Trail has taken it's place, but aesthetically speaking it's not even close.

RonBB

I agree with socrates50, The number of positive comments I've received while camping (M18, FBP) has been impressive. I can't help but wonder if Heartland didn't pull the plug on the Edge line a bit too soon, of course I haven't seen the financials on the Edge line.

ontheedge

ColoradoM22 said:
Maybe margins were too tight on this one? Might have worked for Heartland when dealers could get close to MSRP but when the recession hit, these things were discounted steeply! We love our M22 with full body paint and can't say enough about Heartland backing up their products. Our M22 was replaced from the frame rails up (you read it right) because of some delamination on a wall and roof cap problems. Was a stressful experience and plenty of poor communication to boot, but at the end of the day, Heartland takes care of issues. Will buy another Heartland product again, but hope our Edge is with us for the long term!

I love my Edge but I haven't had a good experience with Heartland support. I have a M22 and have a delamination problem on the back wall. According to the dealer, Heartland refused to even look at mine. I'm hoping it doesn't cause any significant issues because it would be nice to get it paid off before it falls apart.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ontheedge, welcome to the forum.
You need to contact Heartland directly about your problem.
There are times when the communication between the dealer an Heartland is not so great.
Have your VIN handy when you call.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave