No-Lube Plate Or Grease - What Do You Use?

Geodude

Same here -- slip disk. That's because grease somehow magically leaps across thin air and lands on me otherwise.

Eddhuy

Nothing yet but just switched from goose neck to 5th wheel hitch and going to use a Plate. Grease seems to like me too well.

Jimmy

I use the plate, I also use a small amount of Grease in the groove on my Pin, I think it saves wear on the locking Jaw....

Westwind

I use the silicone plate, I had to order two from Hensley due to the hitch ( BD3 Trailer Saver FW hitch) that I have, they are thinner then the average so the hitch will operate correctly. So far so good. I'm also grease challenged - no matter what I'm doing it will find me. lol

gebills

For our use, the silicone plate is a no-brainer. I am very concencious about keeping various points on the hitch lubed, but I don't like excess lube. I disassemble the hitch each year and clean, and then lightly grease the proper points to make everything work well; but as for the rotating surface, the plate is clean and simple.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just bought one of these green plates and had it installed on our Reese 20k hitch at Dually Depot in Elkhart. Less than $60 installed! No more falling discs!!

uqe8y4et.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We just bought one of these green plates and had it installed on our Reese 20k hitch at Dually Depot in Elkhart. Less than $60 installed! No more falling discs!!

uqe8y4et.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use a lube plate as well but I really like the looks of that!!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use a lube plate as well but I really like the looks of that!!!

I could not find where to buy anywhere else, I googled everything I could think of. I didn't get to keep the packaging, we bought and had installed immediately.

If you're in Elkhart, go by Dually Depot. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk