No more shakin for us!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And I thought the 3670 was a monsta :eek: On another note, the extra set of 3 3/4" swing bolts from Ultra-Fab arrived today...so did 6 inches of heavy wet white stuff. It's already melting, but the ground around the trailer will be a gravel swamp. So completion of the rear mounts will be delayed. Only thing I need to do to finish is replace the bolts on the foot pads and connect the struts. Got the frame mounting done yesterday before the storm got here.

jbeletti

I've never seen a Landmark in person. I didn't realize they were wider than the Big Horn.

To clarify for others, the LM and BH coaches are the same width. It is only the front landing gear placement that are at different widths (electric vs hydraulic) :)

Jim

JohnDar

Snow melted, temps warmed up, so I got the rear Ultra-Fabs mounted today using the same configuration that Mark did. Just to be safe, a few days ago I blew out the water lines and added some anti-freeze back into the drains. Good thing, overnight temps have dipped back into the 20's. Next thing to do is remount the basement wall from the UDC to use a piano hinge and some better joinery in the center. Make it easier to get in there and poke around.

Got word from my dealer that my replacement dining table is in, so we'll pick it up Monday on the way to the campground near them. Told them about the jack handle fiasco, too. Said to bring it in.

cjbearden

Visitor
Camping World Sale on Eliminator Strut Stabilizers

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=35782&affiliateid=2687&CWID=3285337&rewrote
Yesterday the set was $279.99 for President's Club members. Today, they are $214.99. We decided at that price we would just let CW install them and deal with the headaches. Went to one in North Little Rock, AR and they did a great job. Supposed to be a 2-hr job that took 3-hrs but the tech was taking his time in order to do a good job. We took him pictures of what Mark and Macattack did on their Augustas. Really helped a lot - thanks guys. There is a warranty on them for as long as we own this RV. These come with Ny-loc nuts already in the package. Tech even gave us extra hardware!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That's and awesome price. I was soo happy to get them for $239.00 so I a bit bummed now. Oh well they are on and look good. Glad you got yours done, sounds like CW did you a good job.

Mark

2010augusta

I agree with Marks installation of the rears too. the goal of the stabilizers is to create triangles. by mounting forward to the frame you make a better triangle than if mounted towards the center. With the lippert type of jacks there is already bracing that should keep side-to-side motion controlled, so front-to-back bracing is good. If your using scissor type of jacks, then a different type of mount could be better, but I like Mark's method for the Landmark. I hope to order some for ours very soon.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
DW says my Eliminators from Camping World arrived yesterday. Guess I've got some work to do when I get home. I'm going to print out Mark's pictures and diagram. I really like the way he has his placed. Hey Mark, it's OK to plagerize isn't it??:)

JohnDar

DW says my Eliminators from Camping World arrived yesterday. Guess I've got some work to do when I get home. I'm going to print out Mark's pictures and diagram. I really like the way he has his placed. Hey Mark, it's OK to plagerize isn't it??:)

It's really an easy install, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. If you're laying on your back to drill the holes in the frame, wear safety glasses. The steel chips fly all over, especially if a little breeze kicks up. :cool:

jnbhobe

:cool: :cool: Hey Mark; Great idea on the rear stabilizers I looked at my Big Horn and did mine the same way. I got the JT's,their just a little different,The eye bolts are about 4 1/4 in so I was able to shim them about 3/4 in forward and got a little more clearance for the angle. I also added a piece of angle iron in the front compartment from frame rail to frame rail and bolted everything together. Seems to work great. As I said before a great inovative idea. THANKS, JON (Happy Easter) :cool: :cool: :cool:

VixPix

Camping World put the Eliminator Strut Stabilizer System back on sale today with low 'internet-only' pricing: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/the-eliminator-strut-stabilizer-system-set-of-6-struts/35782 I ordered a set as soon as I saw the $214 come back on since I missed it the last time. Thanks to all the advice on this thread for installation tips. Immediately after confirming my order, I called Ultra-Fab to request the longer bolts for attaching to rear stabilizer jacks. The customer rep at Ultra-Fab was courteous and said the two bolts would ship out to me Monday. Hope to get all the pieces close to the same time. I've been looking at these for some time, since we put the 5th Airborne pin box on the rig I haven't been pleased with the tripod we have for stabilization.

Victor

2010augusta

I finally ordered a set for our and got them installed (sort of) I forgot to request the extra set of long bolts, so I have to swap them in for the 3" ones that are just a tad too short for the front legs. I can not believe what a difference they make.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Added 2 more stabilzers on rear jacks

After much anquish I decided to add two additional stabilizers to the rear jacks. I called Ultra Fab and ordered the stabilizers and t-bolts. Already had the other items for mounting, they were left over from the original installation. HHHMMMM left over parts, not always a good thing. LOL

Here is what I did----see pictures. I was fortunate to be able to take advantage of the hitch I had installed by the dealer.

Mark

Attachments

• 100_0225.JPG
    100_0225.JPG
    448.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_0228.JPG
    100_0228.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_0231.JPG
    100_0231.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_0232.JPG
    100_0232.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_0233.JPG
    100_0233.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0234.JPG
    100_0234.JPG
    468.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_0237.JPG
    100_0237.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_0240.JPG
    100_0240.JPG
    460.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_0241.JPG
    100_0241.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_0242.JPG
    100_0242.JPG
    418.7 KB · Views: 154

2010augusta

We have the ultra-fabs installed the same as your original set-up(rears mounted towards the front). and it as almost stopped all the shaking, We only fill a bit when the washer hits it 1,200 rpm spin cycle. Let us know how much the extra set does.