No power on outlets on my Edge 2010

Hello All,

We are just doing a quick check on our new(used) 2010 edge before we head out and everything seems to be working but the electrical outlets use for the T.V. ext... I tried to 'reset' in the bathroom but it does not seem to hold itself in when pushed. Does this unit only have the capability of using these outlets when plugged into a electrical source or does it run off the battery also?

Please help.

jimtoo

Any thing plugged into a 120v outlet requires that the unit be powered by plugging into some electrical source. None of the units come equipped to convert 12v DC to 120v AC, except some of the new Landmarks and Big Horns that have the residential fridge option and then it is just to run the fridge,, nothing else.

So,, plug it into a good,,, I said GOOD extension cord to check all the 120V stuff like the TV,, micro and what ever else...it also needs the 120v to keep your battery charged while running the lights.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you do any dry camping, you will need at least a 3K watt portable generator to run anything that is 120 Volts. As Jim stated, you have to be plugged into 120V or running off a genset for the outlets to work.

wdk450

If the GFI trips and cannot be kept reset, there is either a problem with electrical leakage on the loads or wiring for the GFI, or a problem with the GFI itself. Easiest and cheapest first level of trying to fix this is to change the GFI outlet itself.

ICamel

At the risk of making "Old cranky" even more cranky, I can run everything and anything in our 5r except the air conditioner with my 2k watt portable generator.
If you do any dry camping, you will need at least a 3K watt portable generator to run anything that is 120 Volts. As Jim stated, you have to be plugged into 120V or running off a genset for the outlets to work.

wdk450

At the risk of making "Old cranky" even more cranky, I can run everything and anything in our 5r except the air conditioner with my 2k watt portable generator.

I used to have a fuel efficient 3500 watt generator that was eventually stolen from my truck (it was chained down with an ultra strong chain and lock). I had done an experiment in the middle of summer a few years ago, and found it would run the air conditioner for 4 hours on 4 gallons of gas. An estimated 8 hour summer air conditioning day would be 8 gallons, or almost $32 worth of fuel. I came to the conclusion that buying gas for a generator maybe makes sense if you are NOT running air conditioning, but if you are running air conditioning it makes more sense to find an RV park space with electric in the $30 a night range.
My replacement generator is 1/2 the cost of the previous one and 1/2 the wattage, still enough to run the microwave (next biggest electrical load after the air conditioner). It is also much more secure when chained in the truck bed (different body design).