No Shore power? (Problem Solved) :)

wildwolfproducts

Checked on the camper and the battery was dead. For some reason we have no shore power into the camper. I have it at the power cord but not getting it the rest of the way? First thought was breaker throwed. And the slide blocks us from getting to those on or Key Largo to even check them. So charged up the batter, then got the Generator fired up. Put the slides out and checked the breakers nothing showing on those? With the Gen running the ceiling fan and lights work. As soon as you hear the switch swap over to the Gen those things work?

So guessing I may have a fuse on the Converter bad? Its been plugged up to shore power the whole 6 weeks its been sitting still. I know the batter power was working a couple of weeks ago, as I had to get something out of it. But Thursday no power? Any ideals where to start looking for what is wrong? Checked the shore power and have 110 volts there.

Pete

DougS

Doug S
Re: No Shore power?

Sounds from your discription that you have no 120 volt power on shore power if I understand you, if that is the case, your converter probably is not getting power from the shore line too. Some of us have had our transfer switchs burn out. When mine went, half the power was lost. If you just do not have 12 volt power, try checking the converter plug first, they have come unplugged for several members.

danemayer

With the Gen running the ceiling fan and lights work. As soon as you hear the switch swap over to the Gen those things work?

Pete, if the 110V appliances, like the fan and microwave, work on generator, but not on shore power, then you're losing 110V at the transfer switch, or between the pedestal and transfer switch. Several people have had burned contacts in the transfer switch.

Although plugged into the pedestal, if the power was interrupted prior to the 110V circuit breaker box, the Power Converter would not have gotten any 110V with with to create 12V to charge the battery. So it's not likely a problem with the Power Converter.

I'd suggest rechecking the incoming power with a meter. You can refer to the 50 Amp Service tab on this website for info on how to check. Also recheck the circuit breakers. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they've tripped. Flip them off and then back on.

Next thing to do would be to unplug the shore power, take down the basement wall and open up the transfer switch to see if there's an obvious problem.

wildwolfproducts

Good news, Bad news.....
Well everything works today, Battery is at full change. Nothing was touched so not sure what happened. But checked the battery level today it was showing full charged. And now everything works? Anyone else have issues with 110 volt stuff not working unless the batter has a good charge? This is the first camper I have had or seen that you could not use the shore power if the batter was low?
Pete

TedS

Battery condition does not determine whether or not shore power works. You could remove the battery and still have shore power work.

danemayer

No Shore power?

I'd suggest inspecting the transfer switch. For safety reasons, unplugging shore power, genny OFF, while inspecting the insides for bad contacts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Ted is correct. You do not need a battery if connected to shore power.
In fact I have my battery out right now and all 120 and 12 volt systems are working.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

rick_debbie_gallant

No Shore power?

Could one leg of the 50 amp shore power line have gotten dropped?

Is the op using a 30 amp adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildwolfproducts

Guy's I understand I don't need the battery. But I have to have it now or no shore Power. Thinking like Dan the switch popped or something giving me power again and allowing me to have power again.
Come to think of it, last week I did hear something clicking ? Like a switch clicking for some reason? Did not think about that until now. So bet that is what it is. When all this Ice and snow stops, I will get out there and cut all power off and check it out.
Pete

brianharrison

Do you have an EMS installed? Could your shore power have been faulty for a bit?

Otherwise I concur with the faulty transfer switch.

Brian

wildwolfproducts

I hang my head down low way low.... Found out what the issue was.:mad: Was using our 50 amp down to 30 amp adapter. And it was the issue even though it showed to be good when I checked it along with everything else. But if you just move it any at all, it goes from working to not working. Now it is new we bought it at Camping world back in June. But just does not allow the plug of the 50 amp to fit proper. I think it has been used 3 times.

Pete