Noobs from Florence, Oregon say HI!!

LBR

Well, we are finding out quickly that the 4018 is not a dealer stocked TH in our neck of the woods and is definitely a special order. We haven't located one on the West Coast for that matter, but have only been focusing on the 2017. We had kicked the tires on a new 3418 initially and got a feel for the ~18' garage, but that was before devouring the 4018 floor plan nightly for the last 2 weeks. We have been into a couple larger Cyclones with short garages and have a good feel for the living quarters and amenities, then try to "imagine" what the actual 4018 floorplan would be like and attempt to visualize our floorplan. Even a RW 418 would be awesome to walk thru and pretend it is the blue exterior with Platinum interior we're after, but no avail there either. Are we the only ones that want to touch and feel before buying??....lol!

If someone knows of a 4018 or RW 418 near the Oregon area, please give me a shout......right now, either of these 2 models with the 18' garage would be great to see once before purchasing unseen as our final home and find something unforeseen and unacceptable after purchase. We would love to see a 2015 or 2016 for that matter.....thanx for reading my "whine list" Lance.

LBR

Is there a master list of, installed, deleted, or modified options that can be done at the factory during a build beyond the basics listed on one's want list?

We are a few weeks away from ordering ours and wondering what minor modifications the factory assembly line is capable of without becoming a "one-off custom build."

Strictly as examples, but such as outside speaker delete since not many are happy with them, partial living room slide carpet deleted, new style of table posts receptacles (the surface mount cam lock twist style vs. the hole in the floor style), different garage radio that is Bluetooth capable....or do we put together our "want" list and give to the dealer to pass on to the factory rep and hope for the best?

Also, one confusing item on the check list is a "20 GPH Water Heater." It doesn't mention the size of the heater because of the "GPH" remark, so I'm reading the "GPH" as the recovery rate....if so, the advertised option is misleading and most would read it as a 20 gallon sized heater....

Thanx in advance, Lance.

danemayer

Also, one confusing item on the check list is a "20 GPH Water Heater." It doesn't mention the size of the heater because of the "GPH" remark, so I'm reading the "GPH" as the recovery rate....if so, the advertised option is misleading and most would read it as a 20 gallon sized heater....

Thanx in advance, Lance.

20 GPH is an Atwood Marketing statement about their clever heating design. If I remember correctly, it's actually a 10 gallon tank where the shape of the tank facilitates faster recovery time than conventional tank designs.

If it outperforms a competitor's 12 gallon tank, you get the benefit of better performance, a smaller form factor and less weight.

I also recall that when Heartland started using this water heater a few years ago, they just referred to it as 20 Gallon, which most people did think was misleading. That's probably why it now says 20 GPH.

As for what changes can be made - you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask to speak with the General Manager for the type of rig you're looking at. The GM can tell you what can and cannot be done.

I'd guess that things like changing the type of radio is probably not going to happen. Anything where manufacturing would have to procure a different part for your custom order would not likely be considered a minor change.

LBR

20 GPH is an Atwood Marketing statement about their clever heating design. If I remember correctly, it's actually a 10 gallon tank where the shape of the tank facilitates faster recovery time than conventional tank designs.

If it outperforms a competitor's 12 gallon tank, you get the benefit of better performance, a smaller form factor and less weight.

I also recall that when Heartland started using this water heater a few years ago, they just referred to it as 20 Gallon, which most people did think was misleading. That's probably why it now says 20 GPH.

As for what changes can be made - you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask to speak with the General Manager for the type of rig you're looking at. The GM can tell you what can and cannot be done.

I'd guess that things like changing the type of radio is probably not going to happen. Anything where manufacturing would have to procure a different part for your custom order would not likely be considered a minor change.

Thanx Dan..sounds like my assumption on the water heater was fairly correct as GPH is a dynamic flow rate, not a size.

We will put our custom tidbit list together and call Heartland for yeas or nays, then will post up what they were and how the GM answered each so as others may benefit from our requests....thanx again.

Last edited: