Norcold 1210

carl.swoyer

I want to add some fans to the top of the cooling unit.
Anyone know of a source for a 130° thermostat that I can use to automatically switch the fans on when the temperature is at 130°?
Being in Florida with daily temperature in the 90° s im hopping this addition will assist me with the frig temperature.
I have my fans just wanted to have them run separate from the on board fans.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
In addition to any fans you may want to add...
When our thermostat failed on our 2118 the mobile tech pointed out deficiencies in the installation of the top baffle. He recommended eliminating the “dead” air spaces in the upper sides and corners by adding some additional insulation. Noticeably more hot air exits based on “holding my hand” test in front of the upper grill.
I did that add our fridge stays cold at lower settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

What type of insolation did you use.
In addition to any fans you may want to add...
When our thermostat failed on our 2118 the mobile tech pointed out deficiencies in the installation of the top baffle. He recommended eliminating the “dead” air spaces in the upper sides and corners by adding some additional insulation. Noticeably more hot air exits based on “holding my hand” test in front of the upper grill.
I did that add our fridge stays cold at lower settings.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What type of insolation did you use.

Just pieces of typical household fiberglass batt insulation in the corners and wall openings
Additionally I formed some baffle-like pieces from aluminum waffle insulation I had to direct hot air toward the grill opening
Hope this helps

FWIW-I’ve mentioned this before on other treads that our fridge stays in the low to mid 30’s on a 6 setting, electric or gas. We’re experiencing 90 plus temps here since last Friday. Ice cream is always frozen !

Gary521

Just mount the thermostat to the top coils with radiator clamps on the "ears" of the thermostat. Mount it to the round tube going to the coil. My stock thermostat is mounted to the same set of coils but with screws on one of the fins of the coil.

Here is another source for a stat: https://www.amazon.com/Norcold-618093-DC-Fan-Thermostat/dp/B004RCX95U

On mine, I added insulation to the top and sealed it off with foil tape. I added two fans to the top and one on the bottom blowing up.

Hi I purchased 5 off of ebay for $3.99 . The ones I picked are normally open and turn on at 135 degrees and off I think about 85 degrees. Having no problem here temp about 85 in shade. Freezer about zero refridge. a little above 32. Running 2 fans inslide and 1 in refridge. Thermostat set about mid way its a dometric.

5pcs KSD301 45C 113°F Thermostat Normal Open NO Temperature Control Switch Temp

• ITEM PRICE:US $3.99

• ITEM ID:121995612356
  • SELLER:huimaitech (1114)
    99.5% positive feedback

So long as you don't mind a wait from china. I also added 2 switches and pilot lights to refridge eye brow to turn them off when not needed. DW is light sleeper can hear a flea fart.

wdk450

Just pieces of typical household fiberglass batt insulation in the corners and wall openings
Additionally I formed some baffle-like pieces from aluminum waffle insulation I had to direct hot air toward the grill opening
Hope this helps

FWIW-I’ve mentioned this before on other treads that our fridge stays in the low to mid 30’s on a 6 setting, electric or gas. We’re experiencing 90 plus temps here since last Friday. Ice cream is always frozen !

BTW, when I installed my fiberglass insulation batt around my refrigerator in it's slide box, I used the awning rod from my manual shade awning to stuff the fiberglass batt into place. The 3 foot stiff metal rod with a short right angle piece at the end worked great for this job.