Norcold Fridge beeping Flashing No Lp

gslabbert5119

This is probably a really silly question, but I have had my Bighorn 3685RL in storage for 6 months and pulled it out today to get ready and the fridge is beeping and says No LP No AC.

I have not tested the AC as I do not have power where I am at, but I reconnected the Propane tanks and started the range to verify that I have gas in the tanks (1 is full and the other is half full), yet the fridge keeps beeping and flashing no LP, No AC.

I switched from Auto to LP only and it continues to flash.

Do I have to light a pilot somewhere, I just cannot recall any longer, (It sucks to get old :)

Thanks for the help and or suggestions

Gavin

danemayer

Hi gslabbert5119,

NO AC is simply telling you you're not plugged into shore power, hence NO AC.

NO LP doesn't show up as an error code in the manuals I've looked at. What model do you have?

Have you checked the battery voltage? You might be getting a low voltage error of some kind.

gslabbert5119

Heartland Bighorn 3685RL, fridge is Norcold 1210im and it is definitely flashing No Ac No LP when in Auto mode.

If I set it to LP then the on light at the bottom right in the screen is lit, but it still flashes no lp.

Batteries are 2/3rds charged.

Maybe when the batteries are fully charged this may quit beeping.

I cant hear the beep but my wife says that it is beeping and I have to take her word for it.

Gavin

mlpeloquin

Try turning the refrigerator off. Wait five minuets and then turn it on. Mine dd exactly what yours is doing sometime last year and this apparently reset it. It has been working fine ever since.

danemayer

Heartland Bighorn 3685RL, fridge is Norcold 1210im and it is definitely flashing No Ac No LP when in Auto mode.

If I set it to LP then the on light at the bottom right in the screen is lit, but it still flashes no lp.

Batteries are 2/3rds charged.

Maybe when the batteries are fully charged this may quit beeping.

I cant hear the beep but my wife says that it is beeping and I have to take her word for it.

Gavin
Gavin,

Norcold must have changed the error message from NO FL to NO LP. Since you just brought it out of storage, I'd guess the propane line had/has air in it that needs to be purged. Running the stove probably helped. You may have to make several more attempts, turning the fridge off and back on to purge any air from the portion of the propane line going to the fridge.

Oregon_Camper

When we had that problem, it was low battery power. The computer in the frig will shut off LP, when there isn't enough power in battery.

yport

Had this same problem on my 3685 ... drove me nuts for awhile. Then I looked in the basement and found that I had knocked the electrical plug to the inverter out ...which was a rather loose fit. Plugged it back in and VOILA !!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Had this same problem on my 3685 ... drove me nuts for awhile. Then I looked in the basement and found that I had knocked the electrical plug to the inverter out ...which was a rather loose fit. Plugged it back in and VOILA !!

If you have the kitchen slide slid in the line is probably kinked under the slide when you put the slide out it might work. For some reason it seems to a common thing on the Big Horn.

happykraut

Had the same problem less than a week ago. Lit the stove and let it run for a minute. Norcold has been working ever since.

donr827

Had the same problem less than a week ago. Lit the stove and let it run for a minute. Norcold has been working ever since.

I kept the trailer at a storage lot. The night before leaving I would go and turn on the fridge so it would be cool in the morning. I always turned on the propane and purged the air out of the system using the stove. Never had a problem doing it this way.
Don

LBR

Have you checked the propane inlet/exhaust openings for blockage/bee nests that may hamper the sail switch to activate propane flow?