North Trail 21 fbs question

We are looking at potentially purchasing a used North Trail 21 FBS. I've seen the sleeping capacity listed as 2, 3 or 4, depending on the dealers web site. It looks like the dinette makes into a bed, but I can't find any pictures anywhere of the dinette bed being used. The floor plans in the company brochure don't shed any light on this issue either. Could someone who owns a 21 FBS help clarify if indeed the dinette can be used as a bed and (I know this is a long shot) have the length of the sleeping surface available? We have a son who is 5'11 (and counting) so we are hoping he could fit. :cool: Are there any other issues or concerns a potential owner should have about this model? Thanks so much.

jimtoo

Hi chairflyer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully some of our other members that have that unit will jump in soon with some info for you.

If you do purchase a Heartland unit be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It might depend on the year model for the exact measurements, but our 2008 21FBS the dinette did make into a bed. It was fine for my husband to lay on, he's 5'11". I seem to remember it being shorter than a twin, but about as wide as one.

M

Mcreech

The U shape dinette does make into a bed. Its dimension is 84 x 40.

I hope this helps you

Mike Creech

Hi. We have a 2016 NT 21FBS (21'). Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the dinette sent up in the bed in use position at this time. But the dinette does make into a bed. There is a piece of wood with 2 legs on it (it was in the storage under the bed, but I moved it to the storage area under the dinette benches--made more sense to me to put it where it was going to be used). We remove the dinette table and legs (they just lift off), put the bed "extension" in place--the legs are on the outside, and there is a ledge on the dinette bench that the other side rests on. The cushions from the benches become the bed. Ours measures 41" wide x 82" long----so definitely long enough for a tall adult to sleep on. Our dinette is in the slide, and is u-shaped, with the longer side being parallel to the walls. Hope this helps you. Anything else I might be able to help you with? This is our first travel trailer ("downgraded" from a MH)--but we really liked the floor plan the first time we saw it. We had to go with only a 21' (which is plenty adequate for us), but had to give up a couch. Much roomier without, though. We are constantly learning from others, and finding out what works for us and what doesn't. Our bathroom is across the back of the trailer, which we really like, especially since my husband is a "large" man; gives much more space for the toilet.

Thanks everyone for the responses! Appreciate the description of the dinette and especially the dimensions. Not sure why manufactures don't put this info on floor plans. Looks like the 21 FBS will work if we decide to go that route.

Manzan

The 21fbs is 26'6" from bumper to ball it length is important. The '21' is model number, not an indication of length.

windviewer

I think you're right JohnD since the outside measures a shade over 22'.
i'm thinking the length is the roof line length. ours is a prowler 20rbs but the length from ball to bumper is around 26 ft. when the snow is gone, i want to see what the length is at the roof line

Manzan

The 22fbs is 29' or a bit more. Can't get the info to come up. 1 foot longer roof and three feet longer over all? Does not add up.​