North Trail 24BHS which pull for which tank?

Booch

My users manual is horrible on my new 2015 240BHS, and the stickers for the tank release levers aren't in the right place (the don't make sense). Plus, I've got the insulated underbelly, so I can't see where it's coming from.

So... I think my black tank release is on the left, and the grey on the right. Can anyone confirm this?

danemayer

Re: 240BHS which pull for which tank?

Hi Booch,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

What kind of trailer is a 240BHS?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Are you saying they are not marked in any way?? You could call HL service and with your VIN# handy. They could tell you. Or, get the clear plastic fitting that goes on the main drain pipe and watch what the water looks like coming out when you drain the tanks. Trust me, you will know which one is the "black" tank.

Booch

Are you saying they are not marked in any way?? You could call HL service and with your VIN# handy. They could tell you. Or, get the clear plastic fitting that goes on the main drain pipe and watch what the water looks like coming out when you drain the tanks. Trust me, you will know which one is the "black" tank.

There are stickers, but they don't make any sense. The one labeling the obvious place to connect the hose is out of order, and one of the 3 doesn't have anything to do with waste.

You'd think I'd know which is which by now, right? Lol. I won't explain why I don't. :)

I will give them a call, just thought I'd check out here first.

Booch

Finally back to this, and just called Heartland... and they seemed not too confident in their answers. My stickers are labeled this, from left to right:

WASTE WATER HOLDING TANK, GREY TANK #1, SEWER OUTLET CONNECTION.

This is obviously not right because I only have a waste and grey tank, and the sewer outlet connection is in between the levers.

They said left is Grey, and right is Waste. Does that sound right?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Finally back to this, and just called Heartland... and they seemed not too confident in their answers. My stickers are labeled this, from left to right:

WASTE WATER HOLDING TANK, GREY TANK #1, SEWER OUTLET CONNECTION.

This is obviously not right because I only have a waste and grey tank, and the sewer outlet connection is in between the levers.

They said left is Grey, and right is Waste. Does that sound right?

That is how it was on our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner bumper pull trailer and also on our new 2015 Heartland Prowler 5th-wheel.

Why not get a clear piece of sewer hose (available at Camping World, Walmart and even Pep Boys) so you can see what is draining and try one at a time!

It is best to drain the black tank first so you can use the gray water to clean out the bad stuff.

Booch

Thanks. I can certainly figure it out, but doing so at the dump station on the way out isn't ideal (last few trips have been without sewer, and so will the next one). But, with you and Heartland concurring, I'll go with that. It was opposite on our old Jayco, which messed me up the first time I was trying to make sense of the stickers.

JohnD

You should also be able to tell which is which as the black tank pipe is generally larger in diameter than the gray tank pipe coming into the dump valve.

Booch

Insulated underbelly :). If I'm still unsure after this trip, I'll get the clear hose or start tearing things apart! Thanks.

JohnD

Insulated underbelly :). If I'm still unsure after this trip, I'll get the clear hose or start tearing things apart! Thanks.

You should still be able to see some of the pipe on either side of the pull handles coming in to the drain hose connection . . .

Booch

The right pull is definitely the black tank! After an hour or so, I got a clog cleared up. Apparently someone didn't listen close enough to my instructions on toilet usage in a camper earlier in the season!

But for reference, you absolutely cannot see anything besides the pulls on the bottom of this thing. Everything is sealed tight with the insulation, which btw, made a huge difference this last weekend in the cold.