not braging

ct0218

I was out of town for a few days at a show, so I start catching up on news at the forum, and found out Terry has a new truck! Congratulations on your new wheels. By the way, when they installed my hitch it was several years after the liner was sprayed in and it is still tight.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks guys for the information. I just need to decide now who to let do the job. I also found out today that I can get the liner sprayed the same color as my truck.
ct0218, Did you have a good show ?

ct0218

Terry-
I started to go with a gray shade for my bed liner, but with a white truck and everything else black, I just stayed with black. I have seen a few colors around and they look good. I saw a red one just today. Good show, and a lot of changes in my corporation. I now have the eastern half of Tennessee in addition to the western half of NC, and hired my son as Operations Mgr and brought him into the corp. Now I just have to move his family here from Tallahassee and build them a big log home (4 children). No new truck for me this year!

trdeal

ct0218 said:
Terry-
I started to go with a gray shade for my bed liner, but with a white truck and everything else black, I just stayed with black. I have seen a few colors around and they look good. I saw a red one just today. Good show, and a lot of changes in my corporation. I now have the eastern half of Tennessee in addition to the western half of NC, and hired my son as Operations Mgr and brought him into the corp. Now I just have to move his family here from Tallahassee and build them a big log home (4 children). No new truck for me this year!
Clarck, I have talked to some different people that spray in the liners, and they all say that a dark color does well, but a light color does not. I think that I am going with the black. I just don't want to be there when they start taking off the paint from the inside of the bed. I think you told me before that your wife is working on retireing,not sure about that, but I would say that when your son gets in the area,she won't be far behind. Seems like winter has finally come to Alexander County. Bet things are nice and crisp this morning in the mountains. Talk to you later. Terry

ct0218

Yes, it is the same with stain on log homes. The darker the color the longer it lasts because there is more pigment in there, and that is what blocks the sun and keeps it from fading. Gail's only regret in retiring and moving was leaving the grandkids in Tallahassee. Now, looks like they will beat her up here. Like you said, she won't be far behind.

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
Are you sure they take the paint off? We use to make bed liner at Sherwin Williams and it was sprayed over paint.

Ken

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Terry,
Are you sure they take the paint off? We use to make bed liner at Sherwin Williams and it was sprayed over paint.

Ken
Well ,maybe not take the paint down to metal, but taking off more of the paint than I want to think about. I know they have to take the slickness off so the spray liner will stick to it.

trdeal

ct0218 said:
Yes, it is the same with stain on log homes. The darker the color the longer it lasts because there is more pigment in there, and that is what blocks the sun and keeps it from fading. Gail's only regret in retiring and moving was leaving the grandkids in Tallahassee. Now, looks like they will beat her up here. Like you said, she won't be far behind.
We don't have any grandkids yet. I know it has to be great. Our daughter-in law graduated from nursing school last May,and is working full time now. They really have not been able to afford to even think about having children.(no insurance). Son has just been put on full time with the state. So things should be getting alot better for them. Tough just starting out with only one income.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Terry, I have a white truck with beige interior and had the bed liner color keyed to the interior color and it has been in there for two years now and have been very pleased with it. Just my experience.

Don

jbeletti

Terry,

Once you have a spray-in bed liner, there's no going back as it isn't removable. That said, you want good adhesion, no matter what.

So that you don't have to see it done to your truck, here's what Dan's in Elkhart did to my month old bed just prior to spraying in the liner. They used some air-powered tool that did a super-scuffing job on the paint. The white must be the Dodge factory primer showing through. The panel sitting on the bed is that removable panel from the inside of the tailgate. They sprayed it separate from the tailgate itself so they would not end up being bonded together forever. They also plugged the drain holes in the front of the bed before spraying.

//heartlandowners.org/images/truck_bed_pre-Vortex-x800.jpg

trdeal

Thanks Jim, I know that the bed will look better longer with the spray in liner, than if I do nothing. Thought about a drop in liner,but even with the pad they put underneath,I sure the bed will still scratch an rust, and then you have the cut and for the hitch rails. I also looked at what they call a bed rug. I liked it but again you have the cut and fit for the rails, and although the bed rug dealer told me moister would not be a problem under the rug,I think it is a concern. So, if I am going to do something to protect the bed,I would say the spray in liner is the way to go.

K

Ken Washington

I think this is a good idea if you are not going to put a cover on the bed. I do not like bed liners at all and nothing will stay put (too slick). I have a rolling cover and a bed mat that I cut out the rails for the hitch. This gives me a dry area to haul stuff when not pulling. This is what works for me!

Ken

trdeal

here's some pictures of my truck

Attachments

• 2007 truck and camper 001.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 001.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2007 truck and camper 002.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 002.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2007 truck and camper 003.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 003.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2007 truck and camper 004.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 004.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 39

Uncle Rog

Good looking rig tr, I trashed my drop in liner two weeks ago. I was pulling my turntable out and slipped on the plastic ribs, almost tragically. I had a Turbo liner sprayed three days later!

trdeal

svd said:
Terry,
That is one beautiful truck, I am sure it will serve you well!
Thanks for the roses. So far I love it. Get hitch installed this week. Then it is time to hook it up.

trdeal

Uncle Rog said:
Good looking rig tr, I trashed my drop in liner two weeks ago. I was pulling my turntable out and slipped on the plastic ribs, almost tragically. I had a Turbo liner sprayed three days later!
I really like looks of my spray in liner. I think mine is an extreme liner.