not braging

Tom of Ypsi

Terry,

Good looking truck and you will be extremely happy with the spray in liner. Many happy safe and trouble free miles.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Terry,
I don't what to say-NEW TRUCK-NEW AWNING! You are one lucky guy! I hope one day to see it all in person.

Ken
P.S. I like your dog also!

BluegrassMan

Hey Guy's
I've read all 5 pages, I thought while reading that my bed liner is probably alot older than any of yours (ya'll have much newer trucks). I got mine sprayed in 2000, before that I had a under rail bedliner. Anyway in 2000 we went 5th wheel, I had rhino liner put in. Way back then there weren't all the companies like now. Since then my liner has "grayed" up just a tad bit. It is still gripy somewhat. When I detail my truck, to make the bed look good I spray on some tire shine lightly. "BAM" it really pops then. Lighter colors tend to yellow over time (I was told). My next truck will be garage kept, this one never was. I don't know what brand liner I'll get on the new truck, there are many brands around home.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ken Washington said:
Hi Terry,
I don't what to say-NEW TRUCK-NEW AWNING! You are one lucky guy! I hope one day to see it all in person.

Ken
P.S. I like your dog also!
That is the best dog a man could have.Never a problem. Loves to ride. He is just getting old now and his hips are bothering him. It is hard for him to jump up in the back of a truck or anything as far as that goes.And as far as me being a lucky man goes, yes, God has truely Blessed.

Uncle Rog

TR, if you can see if you can get your hitch rails sprayed also, I didn't think of that and used the liner in a can, doesn't look as good or as non-slip, woulda, shoulda, coulda.....

trdeal

Just got back home from taking our Landmark around the block for the first time with our new truck. I am very,very pleased with the results. I have a fairly steep grade coming out of my driveway,and from a dead stop the truck pulled out well.The 4:10 rearend did its job. Much better than the 3:73 in my 2001 did.Even my wife noticed the difference. I was very pleased with the way the truck towed our Landmark up a very steep mountain near our home, also the way the engine brakes you in the tow/haul mode, is amazing. I came down the mountain without even hitting my brakes. Here again my wife even noticed the difference. Normally she says,"oh that's just man stuff."But she bragged on how well the truck did. Needless to say I am one happy camper. Now lets hit the road.

ct0218

Terry-
I wish GM would put a 4:10 in the diesel pickups, but not yet. Don't know that I really need it, mine pulls fine with the 3.73. All three mfgs have made some nice changes to their trucks in the last 3 or 4 years. I understand the new Fords really ride good. I'll probably hold off for another year or two before I get a new one, this new office/model home and warehouse is a real drain on the cashflow.

trdeal

ct0218 said:
Terry-
I wish GM would put a 4:10 in the diesel pickups, but not yet. Don't know that I really need it, mine pulls fine with the 3.73. All three mfgs have made some nice changes to their trucks in the last 3 or 4 years. I understand the new Fords really ride good. I'll probably hold off for another year or two before I get a new one, this new office/model home and warehouse is a real drain on the cashflow.
Clark,hows the family.?Hope all are well.

ct0218

All is fine here. Really enjoying this fine weather lately. Closing on the property for my son later this month--the six of them will be moving up Memorial Day weekend. I guess we'll be starting on their home later this year.

gawelsh

I can't tell you how much this 5 page post has helped me - I just ordered an '08 F450 (I feel faint) - it's the King Ranch in Dark Copper. THe dealer told us we could get the spray in done in matching color, so we wouldn't have a big black bed that doesn't match anythiing. I've never had the spray in , and am so happy to read everyone's positive comments....that and the fact it can be color-coded make it a no brainer.

Oh, one more "can it get any better" observation - we went to where we store our Landmark before we ordered the truck. It appears that one of the "swooshes" on the side is a dark copper color, just like the new truck will be. THANK GOODNESS because God forbid if it doesn't coordinate to Lindsey's taste ;)

trdeal

gawelsh said:
I can't tell you how much this 5 page post has helped me - I just ordered an '08 F450 (I feel faint) - it's the King Ranch in Dark Copper. THe dealer told us we could get the spray in done in matching color, so we wouldn't have a big black bed that doesn't match anythiing. I've never had the spray in , and am so happy to read everyone's positive comments....that and the fact it can be color-coded make it a no brainer.

Oh, one more "can it get any better" observation - we went to where we store our Landmark before we ordered the truck. It appears that one of the "swooshes" on the side is a dark copper color, just like the new truck will be. THANK GOODNESS because God forbid if it doesn't coordinate to Lindsey's taste ;)
One thing about the bed liner. I was told that the darker colors will not fade as bad as the lighter colors do.Looked at the 2008 the other day at my local dealership. Congratuations. It is a very nice truck.Post some pictures when you get your truck.

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
I am going to install mud guards on my truck and wonder if yours hang or screwed to the fender. I have got several picked out but hard to find pictures of how they are installed and what they look like on a truck. I would like to hear from others also as to what they like.

Ken

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Terry,
I am going to install mud guards on my truck and wonder if yours hang or screwed to the fender. I have got several picked out but hard to find pictures of how they are installed and what they look like on a truck. I would like to hear from others also as to what they like.

Ken
Ken ,I just looked at my Mud flaps and they are bolted on. I installed them on my 2001 Ford and they were not very hard at all to put on. The best I remember you use the existing holes in the fender.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Ken,

Dan's Service in Elkhart installed Husky Mud Flaps on the back of my truck. That was 2 years ago. Since then, I've scrapped the bottoms of them up pretty good, backing into parking spots and dragging them (evidentally) over the back curbs.

They are screwed onto the inside lip of my fender wells. Now some screws are looks from backing into snow in my driveway etc.

When I am in Elkhart next month, I may have them install a new set. I like them.

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
I am looking at after market right now. The ones that hang are longer than the molded ones.
Jim,
I have heard about this problem of dragging them and that is a concern that I have. Thinking about going with the molded type, they don't hang down too much.

Ken

tdharley

I just got my delivery from Autoanything,which included a set (front & back) of Husky mud gaurds. Unfortunately we were dumped on with 4" of snow, so I will not be working on the truck this weekend.

I have a line-x spray bed and the installer charged me a little extra to add something to keep it shiny. Only time will tell.

I also bought 2 cans of Duplicolor bedliner and did the inside of my wheelwells since they were white and got real dirty. I dont think you have that problem though with the Ford since they have a black plastic wheelwell if I remember correctly.

Enjoy the new truck

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Terry,
I am looking at after market right now. The ones that hang are longer than the molded ones.
Jim,
I have heard about this problem of dragging them and that is a concern that I have. Thinking about going with the molded type, they don't hang down too much.

Ken
I was confused before. I have the mudflaps that hang down not the molded kind. I did tear off a mudflap on a 1993 dually that I owned by backing up to close to a curb. Did not have a problem with the 2001 or so far with the 2007. Although I know the same thing could happen. The molded type would look good on your truck .I went with the hang down type because I thought they would keep more of the road stuff from hitting the Landmark.I think that it would be a matter of choice.

Last edited:
K

Ken Washington

tdharley,
Are yours the type that hang or molded. I will be interested in your opinion as to how they install and look.
Terry,
I think that the hanging type will do a better job also! Still in the thinking mode on this issue.

Ken

nhunter

These are the ones I have. Have run them on last 5 trucks and only lost one when one on the boys drove it into a 2' hole.:mad: Stainless kind of dresses them up a bit. These babies are mounted solid and include all the brackets and hardware. The install is a little more indepth because of the brackets but are a little more solid.
http://www.cloud-rider.com/guards_home.php

trdeal

tdharley said:
I just got my delivery from Autoanything,which included a set (front & back) of Husky mud gaurds. Unfortunately we were dumped on with 4" of snow, so I will not be working on the truck this weekend.

I have a line-x spray bed and the installer charged me a little extra to add something to keep it shiny. Only time will tell.

I also bought 2 cans of Duplicolor bedliner and did the inside of my wheelwells since they were white and got real dirty. I dont think you have that problem though with the Ford since they have a black plastic wheelwell if I remember correctly.

Enjoy the new truck
You are right. The wheel wells are black. I am enjoying the truck very much so far.