Not sure how to feel

My wife and I purchased an Elkridge 37 Ultimate new back in 2014. It is our second camper.

Over the past 2 seasons we have had continual problems. Not all of it was Heartland's fault. So, no brand bashing and no hard feelings.

The entire 2014 season I was constantly fixing something myself. A few examples are; a grey pipe not glued together and leaking, sower leaking, interior trim detaching, awning detaching and cabinet door problems.

During the 2015 season, I had to take the trailer to the shop 4 times in 5 months. An air conditioner had to be replaced under the Dometic warranty. The other AC unit's seal had to be replaced due to leaking. External trim on 3 corners of the trailer had to be reinstalled as they were pulling away. Finally, a small leak in the roof caused a 1 foot section to need replacing. Due to that, I am now more aware of what to look for. I had replaced lap sealant in other locations.

I inspect the trailer regularly and catch most problems before they get worse. The discouraging thing is that every time I think I've got everything fixed, I find something else.

I guess I'm really just venting. It might just be a lemon.

We love camping and don't plan on giving up anytime soon. It's just that sometimes the hassle and money involved makes it difficult to enjoy the process. I can't imagine many others having this many problems with a 2 year old unit. If so, there would be a lot less RV'rs than there are.

Had the first one for only 1 year with no issues. I know 1 year is not a good judge of how worry free a camper will be. But, I have only had this one for 2 years.

Again, no brand bashing, just calling it like I see it. We will consider a Heartland next time as well.

carl.swoyer

I purchased an extended warranty from cornerstone. Cost me $1700.00, and they are fantastic they have paid out over $8000.00! And I have 1 year left

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

What can I say . true story. They inspect either it works or it doesn't. If it's not working they replace it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CabinetmakerII

We bought our Heartland Cyclone 3800 new from the Factory. We have had issues with it from the PDI through the next 4 years. Fortunately we too purchased an extended Warranty from Trident. They have been excellent to work with. Had to negotiate on the decals after the front cap faded but they came through. After almost 5 years I think we have most of the bugs worked out. Been FT since August 2012 with no problems recently.