NT 25RSDS - anybody else out there have this model?

Marshda1

We purchased a North Trail 25 RSDS last October -it was new on the lot and manufactured in late 2011. So far we are very happy with the trailer. The front cap had some waves in it and the dealer replaced it. Also had a small water leak on the dinette slide and it was fixed also. No water damage.
Anybody else have this model and have any experiences with it. We really like the open floor plan. It has much more room than our previous trailer which had no slide.

I am concerned about potential water leaks with the slides as we already had a minor one. Should the slides be closed or keep them open when the unit is stored. Also, any special precautions or maintenance to prevent leaks. Thanks.

berky

We don't have your particular model, but I believe the seals on all of the models are designed pretty much the same.

We always keep our slides closed while in storage. I've never really looked at the seals closely, but my suspicion is that the seal design for the closed position is more secure than for the open position.

When I put the trailer in storage for long periods, I will try to slide a card between the side seals and the slide. I'll try this at a couple of spots. If I can't slide the card in, then I'm comfortable the rain can't get in either. If you try the same thing and you find gaps, the dealer may need to adjust the slide.

On the top the seal is a rubber "wiper". For that one just give it a visual inspection while the slide is open. The seal should not be damaged or have any gaps between the wiper edge and the slide roof.

Marshda1

Thanks for the idea on how to check the slide seal. I never would have thought of that on my own. Part of the issue with the leak I had was a bad seal where I saw obvious damage. Now that it is fixed I will use your method to be sure it is completely sealed.