NuWa bites the dust

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
I can't see the need to buy a big name.

Brand recognition, market share, an existing customer base and dealer network is already built, all you have to do is step in and continue/improve what somebody else started many years ago.

It's all about owning and growing a business as quickly and cheaply as you can while trying to take away the market share of a competing company and enhance your bottom line to make the bean counters happy.

Look at how many brand names Thor industries currently owns. 11 in the RV segment and 3 in the commercial truck segment.....

I ain't even going to try to count how many RV, bus, commercial truck, cargo trailer, boat and prefab housing brands Forest River owns.<O:p</O:p

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
The resort we are in has more NuWa and Teton products than any other trailer brand. Only two BH here.
Does anyone have a list or know where to find a list of Manufactures that have gone out of business in the last couple of years?
Just curious.
THanks
Wayne

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Rv Companies Out Of Business.
Travel Supreme
Alfa Leisure
National Rv Holdings
Dolphin
Western Rec. Veh. (alpenlite)
Weekend Warrior
Pilgrim Int.
Teton Homes
King Of The Road
Sunline Coach Co.
Ameri-camp.
Extreme Rv
Weekend Warrior
Nu-wa (hitch Hiker)

vangoes

Rv Companies Out Of Business.
Travel Supreme
Alfa Leisure
National Rv Holdings
Dolphin
Western Rec. Veh. (alpenlite)
Weekend Warrior
Pilgrim Int.
Teton Homes
King Of The Road
Sunline Coach Co.
Ameri-camp.
Extreme Rv
Weekend Warrior
Nu-wa (hitch Hiker)

One thing for sure, the manufacturers that survive this rout will surely have the opportunity come out stronger gathering market share along the way. Hopefully, the ones we like (and/or own stock in) are the ones that perserver and survive!!!!

snuffy

Add Chinook, Play-Mor, Sun Valley Inc. and Trail Wagons to the list. Monaco is hurting pretty badly.

tfansler

Actually, NuWa did not bite the dust.... they merely suspended production. Further, they recently announced that they will resume production in June...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It won't surprise me to see them lose a lot of dealers and then make their line a more "upscale" or high end unit. I read that as a hefty price increase on an already inflated trailer.

tfansler

They are going to a fixed-price business model. Prices will actually be cut, but there will be no dickering. They will also add factory-direct sales, same price as dealer price, minus the shipping costs to a dealer.... but OTOH you have to go to Kansas to pick it up, so that's probably a wash.

I hope it works for them. I hate to see businesses going down the drain because the morons in the federal government can't keep their fingers out of the private sector, about which they know nothing....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My understanding is they are reducing their prices by 25% across the board. That tells me they are now priced just about where they should have been all along. If they can make a profit today at this lower price...then they could have made a profit before at that price. They only hurt themselves...

They can't blame their dealers for "inflating" their previous MSRP when they clearly posted it on their own website. I wish them luck with this plan, but doubt many dealers will want to be involved in "set" pricing...somebody is going to loose out in this "business plan"...:rolleyes: