Odor and slow drain connection?

steiny93

2013 Cyclone 3950
under warranty it was in for sewer gas smell while draining tanks and slow drain on grey tanks; dealer flushed out the vent and stated that the problem was fixed (we didn't use it again since the fix)

last weekend we used the rig again and I noticed a couple things

1. it doesn't have the smell when draining the black tank
  2. the black tank seems to drain quickly
  3. when draining the shower tank it drains very slow; 15 minutes to empty it from 3/4 full
  4. when the grey valve is open you get a smell in the bathroom; i'm not sure if the other grey tank acts the same way, didn't use much water in the sink

I'm 'assuming' that the vent stack is for all the tanks (black, grey 1 and grey 2); is that correct? or is there another vent solution for the grey tanks.

My guess is that i have a leak in the vent and or a restricted vent and the gas is getting into the bathroom and causing the slow drain because it can't get any air.

thoughts?

danemayer

Re: oder and slow drain connection?

Hi steiny93,

I doubt all the vents are tied together, but I do agree you probably have something keeping your bathroom vent from working correctly. That would slow down the draining and tend to suck water out of the p-trap allowing sewer gas to come into the bathroom when the gate valve is open.

Sometimes the bathroom (or kitchen) vent is an air admittance valve located under the sink, rather than a pipe going through the roof. You might check that.