Odor under bathroom sink

rickandjoyce

Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I frequently smell a rotten egg - sulfur type smell under the bathroom sink. Typically this is when the grey 1 tank is about 2/3 full. Can anyone relate to this and tell me what may be causing this problem? Initially we thought it was because the toilet and grey 1 tank share the same vent, but I'm not sure anymore. Tonight it was an especially strong odor. Thanks for any help you can give. Oh, I should say, there is no leaking water that has collected under the sink. Everything is dry, but that's where the strong odor comes from.

Joyce and Rick

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I frequently smell a rotten egg - sulfur type smell under the bathroom sink. Typically this is when the grey 1 tank is about 2/3 full. Can anyone relate to this and tell me what may be causing this problem? Initially we thought it was because the toilet and grey 1 tank share the same vent, but I'm not sure anymore. Tonight it was an especially strong odor. Thanks for any help you can give. Oh, I should say, there is no leaking water that has collected under the sink. Everything is dry, but that's where the strong odor comes from.

Joyce and Rick

read this...........//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47608-Foul-Smell-In-Bathroom?p=376953#post376953

hoefler

Since it is under the sink, look for the Studer valve, air admittance valve. It is located just above the Tee on the drain pipe. They cost about $3 at any Lowes or Home Depot. Replace it. It just threads in there by hand.

porthole

Retired
1.5" pvc plug and just make sure your trap is filled when you get to camp. Although we have not had that be an issue (the trap draining).

rickandjoyce

thanks everyone. I read a bunch of old posts as well. Rick discovered the pea traps were not tightly fitted. Upon fixing those the odor magically disappeared. YAY!