Off door slide room floor rot.

whp4262

My wife and I bought a 2009 Cyclone 3914 last year from a Heartland dealer. We used it a few times and really like the TH. The last couple times we had it out we noticed that one side of the slide seemed loose near the floor so thought I would take a look. You can see what I found in the attached picture after I pulled the lower side edge molding. Apparently water got under the trim piece and rotted about an inch of the floor along the edge. Someone removed the bad wood and filled the space with putty instead of replacing the floor. They even sanded it down and painted it to match the rest of the floor so with the edge molding in place it wasn't noticeable during our inspection. We don't know if the dealer knew about this or not but it's a pretty sure bet that the previous owner did and passed the problem on to someone else. We have an ATV trip planned in the first part of March and when we get back it looks like I will be replacing a slide floor. I can post info and pictures of the floor replacement if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    587 KB · Views: 175

Garypowell

Sorry for the problem! I think many would like a well photo documented fix.

Be be sure to find where the leak is before you fix the floor.

jimtoo

You might check out this link. It is a slide floor repair that has been done before by other owners and seems to hold up.

Jim M

whp4262

You might check out this link. It is a slide floor repair that has been done before by other owners and seems to hold up.

Jim M

jimtoo

Thanks for the link, my slide already had the L shaped angle on the edge but whoever put it on didn't caulk it. So water running down the side on the slide could get behind the L shaped trim piece where the water could soak into the edge of the floor. The only place the floor is rotted is the edge under the L shaped angle.