Oh oh, did I screw up?

ibrick

Just started to winterize my Bighorn and decided that this year I would blow out the water lines with 40 psi air before adding the antifreeze.

The problem is I mistakenly attached the air pressure to the black tank rinse inlet for about 1 minute. I heard bubbling and I think the sound of the tank expanding. Once I realized my mistake I ran back to the systems/hookup panel to disconnect the supply air, I smelled waste. I went into the bathroom to check the condition of the toilet and surrounding area and all looked well but when I pressed the foot lever and opened the bowl flap, air rushed "into" the tank.

Please tell me the black is vented and I didn't blow any thing up or off.

Thanks,
Rick

ibrick

Yeah it puzzled me too, that's why I ask. I went to the toilet bowl and saw water sitting above the seal. I cracked the seal just a bit as I didn't want to wear that water or what was waiting behind that seal as I opened it. Just as it barely opened the water in the bowl was vacuumed quickly into the tank.
Weird

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sounds to me like you made the tank 'burp' just like it does when it is full.

ibrick

Must be it Jim, I got nothing. But I will do a full rinse and drain in the morning to make sure everything still operates correctly. This is one area that I don't want a surprise from next spring on our first outing.

bighorn3370

I blow out my black tank line every year. I also have the valve closed. Yes, all of your tanks are vented. If you got a vacuum, your vent may be blocked. I think you may have heard the spinners moving; without water, they sound a bit different. Ernie