OK to contact factory direct regarding unit "being built"?

We have a PO agreement on a unit "being built", delivery still 1.5 months out. It has an actual vin #. We're wondering if we could make direct contact with the factory, re the unit, specs and decor.

Also curious, if anybody knows, at what point in time does a unit get assigned a vin#?

Thanks

Greengas

I've been in direct contact with the brand manager for Landmark for the past month concerning my new coach. They can't change what is already on the PO but they can give you lots of great info. They are there to help and advise and they do a great job at it!

I've been in direct contact with the brand manager for Landmark for the past month concerning my new coach. They can't change what is already on the PO but they can give you lots of great info. They are there to help and advise and they do a great job at it!

Thanks G. Just didn't know protocol with dealer in the middle. Any Idea on when a unit is given the vin #?

Greengas

I got the brand manager to get me the Vin # about a week before the unit was scheduled to be built. I had been asking my dealer to get me that info as soon as it was available so it was "fun" to walk into the dealer's office, ask if he had the Vin # yet and then when he said no, that it was not available yet, I told him to please take out a pen and write down the following... Should have seen the look on his face. His only comment was "wow, you sure are on top of this".

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you want any changes, you should do it NOW thru your dealer. HL may be able to change things now before it goes on line. AJ Jones is the CY brand manager. He would be the one to talk to at the plant.

CarterKraft

I was able to get many questions answered on this forum through the brand manager. And I can't tell you how great it was to be able to ask those questions and get prompt accurate answers.