Olathe, KS: Need help finding RV park to stay at for 12-14 months

We will be working on a project in Olathe, KS starting in March 2014. We are having a tough time trying to find a place to park our 5th wheel that we live in full-time. We have five dogs and need a place that we can stay without a hassle for having them.

We've been in the Austin, TX area for the past year and have gotten spoiled by having such a wonderful park to stay at (Rio Bonito in Liberty Hill, TX). This park is pristine, quiet, well managed and maintained, and we are welcome here with our five dogs.

Does anyone know of a nice place in or near Olathe, KS (SW of KC, KS)? Are there any kinds of alternatives we might explore? I saw a couple living full-time in their 5th wheel on an area that was part of a private ranch acreage. Is that something others have done? How do you find that kind of place?

Thank you for any advice. This past year was our very first full-time experience and we love it. So much better than staying in an apartment or hotel for a year as we work in different parts of the country.

Pizzadigger

I am not anti dog, we have 3. Well we did till about 6 weeks ago when we lost our oldest a 16 year old shepherd mix then Monday we lost our 14 year old ACD. But I'm tellin you I do not want to stay in a park that lets someone bring in five dogs. Thats just silly. I have lived in RV parks all over and never have I seen a park let some one bring in five dogs.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't know of any but you might call the Chamber of Commerce to find one. You might also check on trailer parks as some rent spots to RVers who live in their RV long term.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I always use RV Park Reviews to find parks in a new city. HERE is a link. Good luck!

I'm tellin you I do not want to stay in a park that lets someonxe bring in five dogs. Thats just silly. I have lived in RV parks all over and never have I seen a park let some one bring in five dogs.

Your response was not helpful at all to our question. I don't want to sidetrack any useful information, but I'll address it anyway.

We are responsible and considerate dog owners. We've stayed in three RV parks so far. All have allowed our dogs.

They are family to us. Each one was rescued from various awful circumstances over the years. At home, we have a big house and a big fenced yard so our pack has plenty of room.

When the economy took a downturn and commercial construction slowed, my husband found himself out of work. When he was offered his current position, which involves full time travel to wherever the next project is, we took it. What were we supposed to do with our four-legged family members? Of course they came on the road with us!